Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

I bought a fitbit versa like 2 weeks ago, now I notice that there is a new Versa 2 which will come with Spotify preimatalled, so I am wondering if its possible to install Spotify in older versions of versa.

Just to avoid answers about the Spotify HR, I am aware bout it but I would like to download my playlists something which the official app I assume will give the option. 

Best Answer

I don't think the Spotify app is what you think it is on Versa 2. From the spec it looks like it is a remote controller for Spotify app installed on your mobile phone. I asked Fitbit about it few times on their social media channels and as much as they are usually chatty there, they seem to be avoiding answering this question.

Best Answer

Yes, the Spotify app on Versa 2 is just for remote controlling your phone to play Spotify. For such, I assume the app should be made available to Versa and Versa lite, too. 

Best Answer

It says you are also able to sync 300 songs

Best Answer
0 Votes
as i see there is general confusion is possible someone from the Fitbit team to respond?
Best Answer

From CNet, https://www.cnet.com/news/fitbit-has-a-new-versa-2-smartwatch-with-alexa-a-new-premium-health-servic...

It said it's only for remote control. 

"Correction, 1:24 p.m. PT: The Spotify app doesn't allow downloads, just remote control of phone app."

Best Answer

Hello,

I saw that Spotifiy will work with Versa 2..but is there a plan to upgrade the watch to be compatible with Spotify? I just bought the Versa 1..I m not going to change now..

thank you

ben

Best Answer
0 Votes

Spotify on Versa 2 is just a remote controller for the app on the phone. You're not going to miss much. There is no proper Spotify support (downloading and listening on the watch) on Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there be chance that spotify can play on Versa?  I think if deezer can then why not spotify?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Cristina12  Unfortunately not. With the Spotify App you can control your music on your phone, but you cant have Spotify music on your watch.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hey there! @mikchaos 

As @SteveH mentioned, you won't be able to directly download any music on to the Versa 2.

The Spotify app allows you to control the music playing on the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or other Spotify-connected device, and to like songs and switch between playlists. The Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback. At this time, the Spotify app is only available on Fitbit Versa 2. 

Please check back later for an update that allows you to install the Spotify app on other Fitbit devices. 🙂

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Hello,

Great news about the new Versa 2! 👏🏻
Unfortunately, I'm only worried about the Spotify app, which is only available for Versa 2... Why?

What about Versa Lite & Versa 1 users? Many people are still waiting for the Spotify app for Versa - community discussions.

732144.png

Best Answer

In the following post there's a comment from a moderator that the Spotify app is initially available for the Versa 2 but should be coming later for the Ionic, Versa and Versa Lite

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-App-Gallery/Spotify-amp-Fitbit/m-p/3727712#M9984

Note though that the app is only a remote control for the Spotify app on your phone. It can't download music or access spotify directly

Best Answer

If there is posible to download spotify to the new versa, why can it not be downloaded to ionic and other fitbit products? 

Best Answer

You annot download Spotify music to Versa 2;

what it does have is an app to control Spotify playing on your phone.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Spotify app description available in the Fitbit Gallery website mentions that is going to be accessible in the Fitbit Ionic as well. I'd assume they simply tried to get it ready for the Versa 2 because that's the product that they care about at the moment, but that it will eventually be rolled out to Ionic, Versa, and Versa Lite (as all of them have pretty much the same software).

狂乱 Hey Kids!
Best Answer

So irritated that I decide to take the plunge and buy the Versa and within 2 weeks I find out about the Versa 2 with Spotify!!!  I certainly hope there will be some sort of update allowing us to download Spotify!!  It just stinks.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

First, realize that with Versa 2, you cannot load music from Spotify onto the Versa 2 like with Pandora and Deezer.  It is an Fitbit app that lets you control Spotify playing on your phone.

Second, I believe it will eventually be added to other smart watch/trackers.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

But currently the Spotify App does not seem to work on Versa 2. I always get the message, that bluetooth connection could not be established.

Or is it maybe due to a not supported mobile phone?

Best Answer

Hi. Using my Versa 2 with my Note 10+. I start Spotify on my phone and when I try to launch it from the Versa 2, it stalls on Connecting.... 

I signed into my Spotify account in the Fitbit app, am I missing something else? 

Best Answer