Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Screen Scratches

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Does anyone else have a Versa that seems to be easily scratching (on the screen)? I haven't even worn mine for 24 hours and I already have several scratches on the screen, one of which appears quite deep. 

Best Answer
173 REPLIES 173

It's unbelievable! I have the same issue and their customer service won't do ANYTHING for me. Terrible. Don't buy! and especially DO NOT buy from their website!!! Buy from Best Buy so you can at least return it.

Best Answer

If they have problems with their screen they should include OR recommend screen protectors out of that gate. Super pissed I bought something for 350 dollars that is this scratched after a month. I would have happily put on a screen protector if I had known. The problem seems to be so bad they should include it for free and even have it preinstalled.

Best Answer

Totally agree. Same exact issue and they won't do anything for me. I contacted them over chat and phone and all they would do is offer me 25% off a new fitbit.... I've only had this one for a month.... why would I want to buy a brand new one. That is an insane counteroffer to an unsatisfied customer.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue. I will never buy a fitbit again. The customer service is shockingly bad.

Best Answer

I can't believe I blindly trusted this new product. I should have waited till reviews came out. Definitely go with a different brand.

Best Answer

You are so right 

Best Answer

I pre-ordered mine when it first came out, and noticed the first scratch after about two weeks. There are now several small scratches on the face. I wear it daily, and exercise in it.

I've had several FitBit devices in the past (Charge HR, Surge, Blaze, Ionic) and have never had one that scratched this easily, and my activity hasn't changed from one device to the other. 

I'm very disappointed in this. 

Best Answer

@AlejandraFitbit I just contacted Fitbit support via chat, and he didn't provide any solution and only said that it's not covered by warranty. I found this issue on day 3 and was really disappointed about the customer service. Anyway you can help escalate my case? Thanks.

Best Answer

029A7485-3930-4F95-8A69-C6AEFECFFB5A.png

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Versa/Screen-Material-and-Data-Size/td-p/2602390

@SunsetRunner wrote:

@SunsetRunner wrote:

I thought I read somewhere that the Versa screen was made with Gorilla Glass 3, but I can't seem to find it anywhere on Fitbit.com.  I probably read it on one of the many reviews from the tech websites, but I would like to know where they got that info.  And if it is truly Gorilla Glass 3, it shouldn't scratch that easily.  But with anything, there are limitations.  

Personally, I'm not surprised that the color is chipping, that was something I was concerned about and deterred me from ordering any of the colors except the gray/silver one.  I'm hoping it's like the silver finish on the Charge 2.  Which, by the way, I have had for over a year now without any screen protection and it looks brand new.

It wouldn't be the first time tech reviewers got information wrong. I've been reading and watching reveiws about the versa and never heard about it having Gorilla Glass.

Best Answer

I pre-ordered my Versa.  I was VERY excited for it to arrived.  It had a deep scratch within the FIRST week.  I called Fitbit to see if there was any way to get it fixed.  I was informed it was NOT covered. I have had all of the different Fitbits.  This was the first one I have been so disappointed in.  Poor quality for the price.  I bought a glass screen cover off of Amazon for it.  The screen protector is now covering the scratch.  Wish I would have read these reviews before buying.

Best Answer

I have owned every fitbit.  This is the first one where I had a  problem with the screen scratching.  I preordered my Versa and within having it 1 week the screen had a deep scratch.  I did call customer support and was informed there is nothing they can do.  I am very disappointed in this.  kathy.ludwick@gmail.com

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit customer service about 2 weeks after receiving my Versa about the deep scratch and was not informed I could get a refund.  I was not satisfied that it had scratched so easily.  I feel this was more likely due to poor quality than anything I had done.  

Best Answer

my versa also has a wound exactly same position from the time unpacked..

i think it is repackaging or manufacturing process problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

YES, very disappointing.  Fitbit needs to up the anti and like appliances and other electronics, send it from factory with that film on the face.  Then it is up to the customer to remove or not remove.

Best Answer

I have had my versa for two weeks, the screen is all scratched now, Corning gorilla glass 3 shouldn't scratch so easily, that is certainly false advertisement, I bought the versa because I was going to wear it daily, not for exercising because I haven't even started exercising, I'm very disappointed with the product.  Does anyone know how to polish the screen? I'm planning using car products to polish it or even tooth paste, but if anyone knows a better way pleas let me know. 

Best Answer
The screen MUST be very thin to be scratching and cracking the way it is.
I have difficulty believing it is Gorilla Glass also. I have that on my
phone and it has been great. I have not heard a way to buff out the
scratches.
Best Answer

I've had the same experience as well. Don't know how but my fitbit screen is scratched to high heavens. None of my other watches have scratched the way the Versa has. I've talked to people in my office who have Apple watches and Samsung gears, none of them have screen protectors and none of their watches are scratched like mine.

My overall experience with the hardware has been bad, a few months ago the pin on my strap broke and I couldn't get the strap off. Fitbit did resolve that and replaced my watch, but after reading this msg board its starting to sound like there is no real solution to the scratching problem. Will continue to wear the watch because I paid a lot of money for it, but I doubt I will be buying another fitbit product. 

versa_scratch.JPG

Best Answer

YES! And it is SUPER frustrating. This is a FITNESS watch - meant for actual activity. And mine is constantly scratching. You would think that a watch that had so many activity tracking capabilities would have a better screen - also, it is supposed to be waterproof for swimming. How are you supposed to be confident to use it in the pool when it is constantly cracking?

Best Answer

My Charge 2 was also perfect. not scratched at all. I resold it at a decent price. My Versa? Not a chance - scratches when you just look at it.

Best Answer
That was my main complaint. It is not suited for its intended purpose.
Best Answer