Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Hi, Versa Smartwatches Family! 

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3. available for Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2. 

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
258 REPLIES 258

Lei: Hi Rick, My name is Lei. How can I help you?

Lei: Are you still with me? I want to make sure you haven’t gotten disconnected.

Me: I have a Fitbit Versa that was working fine until the latest Firmware update. Since I installed the most recent Firmware update I have had nothing but issues. I have restarted several times. I have factory reset and setup several times. I can get it working for a little while, but it always ends up not working again.

Lei: I will be glad to assist you with your Versa that is not working. What is not working on your Versa?

Me: It’s not working at all. It feeezes, the screen works and then it doesn’t. The screen will go black. Sometimes I can’t even tell if it’s on. Touchscreen becomes unresponsive...

Lei: Thanks for letting me know. For us to get started, what is the email address associated with your Fitbit account?

Me:

Lei: Thanks. Let me pull up your Fitbit account here.

Me: I’m sure your aware of the recent Firmware debacles

Lei: Your firmware is up to date based on the system tools. Upon checking our back-end tools, I can see a Versa unpaired to your Fitbit account today. Let me check your device's behavior to determine the issue and try to troubleshoot it with you. Have you tried restarting your watch?

Me: The latest firmware is what’s causing the issue. Not only for me but many others according to the Fitbit Community. I am currently using my Flex because I am tired of trying to restart, factory reset, setup again.

Lei: Alright. Since all necessary troubleshooting steps was already exhausted, let's move forward to checking your warranty status. To so do, may I know your current country of residence?

Me: I don’t want to hear about my warranty status. I want a new Fitbit What country are you in?

Lei: Our head quarters are in San Francisco

Me: I didn’t ask where the headquarters is. I asked what country you are working out of?

Lei: Well. i need to check the status of you warranty first. Where in Asia.

Me: I can tell you that I purchased my Fitbit a year and a half ago. The first one had issues within the 1st year and they sent me a new one. The new one worked well until the latest Firmware update bricked it. Now less then a year later from the new one here we are again

Lei: I appreciate your feedback about our product's quality. We're continuously improving our Fitbit products and services based on all of the input we receive from our customers.

Me: They need to improve them better. If I don’t receive a replacement, it will be the last one I ever buy.

Lei: For me to check, what is your current country of residence?

Me: USA

Lei: When I checked the information you provided, your Versa was replaced in 2019. Fitbit's Return Policy and Warranty provides replacements for trackers and accessories deemed to have a manufacturer's defect within one year from the date of purchase. Note that any replacement product is warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period. I truly wish I could revert this situation to accommodate you in a way you may find suitable. However, it is also necessary that we enforce our policy.

Me: I will keep calling and chatting until I get a replacement device for the one that your Firmware update bricked. Exceptions have been made for others.

Lei: You may check our policy here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1126 I’d like to share with you that we are all aligned with Fitbit’s policies and processes.

Me: I don’t want to read your link. I want a replacement for the one your company bricked. I will not rest until I do.

Lei: We hear your concern and we know how important it is to wear your watch in good condition in functionality. Rest assured that we aim for improvement and your honest feedback is greatly appreciated. I understand your frustration but I would suggest that you keep a professional tone or I would have to disconnect the chat.

Me: So what are you going to do about it?

You’re the one not being professional. Your whole customer service department is not professional. You are not resolving the issue. Your company is trying to steal money from its customers

Lei: The device is already deemed defective. you already exhausted all troubleshoots.

Me: I know it’s defective. I know I’ve exhausted all troubleshoots. Tell me how to set it up and bypass getting the latest Firmware update or send me a replacement. The device is not defective. The latest Firmware is

Lei: We will be using your feedback to improve our services and also our warranty policy. Though this is the case, we'll definitely see to it that your feedback reaches the appropriate department. We'd like for you to be assured that all of our correspondences are also being monitored by a higher department and quality team.

Me: How are you going to resolve my issue now though?

Lei: I got an approval to send you a discount for 25% up to 40 % off to purchase a new tracker/watch.

Me: I don’t want to spend more money. I want a replacement for the device your Firmware bricked. I would rather go with Garmen or Apple next time if this is how you treat your customers I won’t ever buy Fitbit or something running Wear OS again if this matter is not resolved.

Lei: I apologize but your watch is not eligible for replacement.

Me: Yes it is. Come on. You can do it. Make this customer satisfied. Exceptions have been made in the past for myself and others.

Lei: I need to follow policy procedures. I can send you a discount towards a new purchase..

Me: Does policy tell your company to brick devices with Firmware updates and steal money by only offering to go out and buy a new faulty device?

Me: Waiting for a response

Lei: Please read the policy I sent you above to know more about or warranty.

Me: I don’t want to read it. Rules are made to broken

Lei: Your warranty has expired for more than a year so we cannot process a replacement for you.

Me: Do you want to send me a link on how to restart it? Why don’t you send me a replacement and do what’s right for one of the customers that made Fitbit what it is today?

Lei: The link for restart here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Lei: I apologize but we do not do exemptions. The warranty has expired last year.

Me: Thank you for helping me to realize Fitbit is a joke of a company and to never buy one of their or Google wearables again even if the deal doesn’t go through.

Lei: Know that your experience has been taken into account for we want to continuously improve our Fitbit products and services to provide better customer experience. Have a good day!

Best Answer

Ever since I updated my Fitbit my battery drains like crazy. Is there a fix?

Thanks

Best Answer

I'd try a Fitbit built clock face first. Enthusiasts made clock faces might be glitchy. 

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me.  Could not get any support.

Best Answer

Hello everyone. 

I'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback. Our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps. 

As mentioned in the main post, we started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. If you haven't received it yet you'll soon, please do not force your watch to update to this latest version, wait until you have the update available.

Since some of you started having battery issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. If the battery keeps draining, please check the tips and recommendations provided here and let me know how it goes. 

Hello @Andercho. I understand how you feel about this situation, I'm sorry to hear that your Versa is no longer working. We created a case for you and someone will respond as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond.

Hello there @praxnair27@Chelseaboy, and @MisslynnWe apologize for the late response to the email you sent to our Support Team almost 5 days ago. Keep in mind that we may need more than 7 business days to respond, due to recent events affecting our operations. I've seen some of you have replied twice to the same email because you haven't heard back from us, I advise you no to do this as this will take your case back to the queue again and it may take longer than the 7 days. 

Stay tuned of your inbox to the email address associated with this account someone will reply to you as soon as they can. 

I'll be around if you have any questions present.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've tried all the suggestions you outline and the battery is still losing around 15% of its power per hour. I'd like a replacement device.

Best Answer

You might have to go in your apps and turn off the ones your not using in you fit bit app.   I had to do that a couple of times already in all my fitbits

Best Answer

Hi, since a couple of days the battery of my fitbit has been drained and I can’t restart or charge the battery anymore. What can I do???

Best Answer

Does this update fix the issue with the incorrect GPS distance?

Best Answer
The problem is I don’t even know how to update my Versa because I can’t charge the battery anymore apparently and it says it’s completely drained. So even when they would come with an update, I wouldn’t know how to install it..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for the suggestion. I deleted many of them - music, coach, wallet, pandora, starbucks, etc. Only 9 apps are showing now. However, the battery drain is still just as bad. It loses about 20% every hour.  I want a replacement device, since Fitbit's firmware update is apparently killing battery life.

Best Answer

Affects me too.  Followed all instructions.  I will never buy another Fitbit.

Best Answer

Are you guys going to add OnePlus 6t fully compatible..?  Bought versa 2 last year, and I've had compatability problems from the start- especially sleep tracking, exercise tracking...?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @LisaKTexas, thanks for stopping by and for following the tips and recommendations provided to improve your Versa's battery life. We created a case for you and someone will respond as soon as possible. Due to recent events affecting our operations, we may need more than 7 business days to respond.

Hi @StevenV, thanks for stopping by and for the details provided about the recent behavior with your Versa's battery. I've seen that you contacted our Support Team to report this issue, we apologize for the late response to the email you sent to our team on May 18th. Keep in mind that we may need more than 7 business days to respond, due to recent events affecting our operations. Stay tuned of your inbox to the email address associated with this account someone will reply to you as soon as they can. In the meantime, I'd recommend trying the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging?. 

Hi @Nealkat, welcome to the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Versa after the firmware update. So I can address this properly, would you mind giving me some details of the issue you're experiencing? If you haven't done so yet, try restarting the watch.

Hey @t7r, welcome on board. Fitbit products are compatible with most devices that have the following operating systems: Apple iOS 12.2 and higher, Android OS 7.0 and higher, or Windows 10 v1607 or higher. So, if your OnePlus 6T meets the requirements needed, it may work fine. 

Please keep in mind that when a device is not supported and does not meet the require OS we cannot guarantee its functionality with the Fitbit app. It might work at a certain time and then it can stop working out of nowhere after an update. This is because the app is not optimized to that device and any change could impact the performance. If you have issues with your sleep and exercise tracking, see: What should I know about sleep stages? and How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I have restarted - numerous times. My Versa just will not stay connected anymore after the last update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa 2 updated and I no longer have the blood oxygen reading. What happened to it? The watch no.longer flashes red on the bottom and it's gone from the Android app. 

Best Answer

Does this update fix the problem concerning inaccurate distance/pace tracking???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated to latest 70.7.27 and it destroyed my versa! Now the screen lags, freezes, and does bizarre things on the display randomly and this ONLY happened after the update.  It’s also now burning through the battery in 1-1.5 days instead of the usual 3-5

depending on use. 

Best Answer

Fitbit it's a joke now. 

I've been having all sort of issues with the GPS and all they doing is asking me slightly different questions to keep me waiting. 

Best Answer

Hello @Nealkat. Thanks for confirming that you've restarted your Versa as suggested. If your watch is having syncing difficulties, please follow these troubleshooting steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

Hi @Dcmanryan, welcome on board. If the Versa 2 is no longer registering your blood oxygen, please make sure that after the firmware update the heart rate hasn't been turned off automatically. On your device, open the Settings app Heart Rate > tap to turn the setting On. Also, see: Why don't I see an estimated oxygen variation graph in the Fitbit app?

Hey there @SassShenn, welcome here. I'm sorry to hear that your Versa's screen and battery stopped working properly after the firmware update. If you haven't done so yet, please restart your watch and follow these tips and recommendations to maximize your Versa's battery life.

Hello @Davidendum, thanks for stopping by. Please note that we’re aware of an issue with "Distance on GPS (connected) map not matching exercise summary" and "No GPS map in Run activity summary", we are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

If your issue is more related to the accuracy of the Versa itself, please take a look at the troubleshooting steps provided here: Why ins't GPS working on my Fitbit device? and How accurate are Fitbit devices?

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes