Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Hi, Versa Smartwatches Family! 

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3. available for Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2. 

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
258 REPLIES 258

Hi everyone! We acknowledge the limitation we have on our part particularly on what you have experienced. We‘re taking into consideration your comments and sentiments with regards to our products and services.

If you have just joined this thread, please refer to this article for troubleshooting steps. Please make sure to check them out and let me know if the issue persists. If such is the case, my best recommendation will be to get in touch directly with our Technical Customer Support department here. Also, I can contact them for you if necessary, just mention me and I'll move forward with the request.

On a side note, if the battery started draining just right after the firmware update, I recommend to restart your watch once again and wait until the battery gets down to fully charge it again. Wait until you see that your watch is at 20-25% and go for a full charge. 

If the battery of your watch is draining quickly, please make sure to follow the recommendations provided here: Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?

About syncing issues, depending on the mobile device you own, there are different troubleshooting steps for you to try. Make sure you check the required settings on your iOS or Android phone for syncing. Please try all the recommendations listed in this help article and let me know if you need further support.

On the other hand, I understand that the outcome of your cases with our Support Team are not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback. For more information about the outcome of your cases, please get in touch with our them again and also, you can check our warranty policies here for a better understanding of the information that they provided to you.

I'll be around.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated Versa, nothing works now. Steps are way off ( by 1,000's), battery wont stay charged, turns off while showing 87% charge...so dissapointed. Have follwed every step, disabled nonessentials...WORKED PERFECT BEFORE UPDATE

What is solution?

Best Answer
Just keep calling customer service that’s what done x

Regards

Y M Gascoyne
Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my replacement Versa last week, and now my phone wants me to update the app on my phone and I'm SO SCARED!! Did you do it? Did it work?

Best Answer

I updated just over 24 hours ago and am getting full functionality now. Haven't experienced any issues so far. The battery life is better than it was but not where it used to be.

I would say it is safe to update the app.

Moderator Edit: Formatting

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried. They gave me same BS...buy an new one
Best Answer
0 Votes

Don’t do it. It will brick your watch. 

Best Answer
They told me it was basically too bad...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue.  I updated my Versa about a week ago.  I noticed Sunday that I had no sleep information.  Upon further investigation, I found that it actually had stopped tracking my heart rate consistently on Thursday of last week.  It would track, then stop, then track.  I have been a Technical Support rep, so I power cycled it.  I turned heart rate off/on.  Power cycled again.  I finally did a system reset, updated the firmware, and thought everything was good. My wifi didn't connect but I thought it was possibly buggy.  

Today, during a fitness class, I noticed my heart rate was stuck at 76.  I know darned well that I am not *that* fit, so I kept an eye on it.  It didn't move. The light on the back didn't come on. I turned the heart rate tracking off/on.  Power cycled in between.  It came on once, lasted about 4 hours.  It's off again and even though I've repeated the cycle, it's not reviving.  It is at this point, an overblown watch.  

I'm bummed because I rather like the sleep cycle tracking and I just renewed my Premium membership.  I may have to cancel it if I can't get this resolved.

I've had the Fitbit since June first or second of 2019. I know it's out of warranty, but I am disappointed that it is the second Fitbit device I've had that has failed shortly after the warranty expired. I am discouraged by what I have read in the community today.

Do or do not. There is no try.
Best Answer

Ever since this update my Versa has had half the battery life (if I am lucky) and I have had to reset it more than once. Now my watch wont even connect to the app to update information.

I used to think fitbit was a good company, not anymore. I will be getting a garmin and not looking back.

This is almost exactly what happened to my Blaze, a new OS update messed with the watch and caused it to not function properly. Fool me once, fool me twice. 

I will never reccomend fitbit to another person. 

Best Answer

This happened to me too. I tried chat twice and then called. I ran into the exact same issues. I asked to speak to a supervisor in the call center and he too was unhelpful. My Versa currently says it is June 9th. It won't sync and it loses time. I was told they would send me a discount code and it never arrived. This is my second Versa as my first had this exact same issue at less than a year and was replaced in the fall of 2019. I have had 4 FitBit products and bought them as gifts for family and friends. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER PRODUCT FROM THIS COMPANY based on their indifference regarding a product that is clearly defective and problematic. Their customer service has clearly gone downhill.

Best Answer

I'm not receiving any notification on my watch after the latest firmware update.

The mobile app says a phone restart is required for sending notifications but I have restarted my phone and watch both many times but still the issue is not solved.

Please help!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
It’s a firmware issue the update has reduced most Fitbits to bricks a totally useless..

Regards

Y M Gascoyne
Best Answer

Thanks for providing this offer. Since I have already purchased two Fitbit’s in an effort to save money (instead of just buying an Apple Watch) and both are now ruined because of firmware updates that have nothing to do with me, I think I will shop for a different brand. It doesn’t make sense to me to continue purchasing Fitbit knowing the in 2 years a firmware update will most likely ruin my device and you will not stand behind your product even though you realize it is your fault. Even the offer of 25% off means I will still have to PAY 75% of the cost of a new device when I did not do anything to my old device except download the manufacturer recommended software. This is very disappointing and I will no longer be a Fitbit customer. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

Best Answer
Well said x

Regards

Y M Gascoyne
Best Answer
0 Votes

Replying just to unsubscribe from getting emails when some replies to this post 🤣

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for the details provided in your posts and for taking the time to troubleshoot your Versa smartwatches prior to posting here.

I've seen the majority of you have contacted our Support Team, so my best recommendation will be to keep the conversation with them as they'll know what the next step to try based on your warranty status and your specific issue. Discounts and replacements depend on tracker model and other factors. I understand that the outcome of your cases with our Support Team are not fulfilling your expectations, but keep in mind that every case is completely different from the other's, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences and feedback as this helps us to keep improving. 

Hi there @anupraj11, thanks for stopping by. In regards to the message you're receiving in your Fitbit app about your notifications, thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

With reference to unsubscribe from this thread, do as follows:

1. Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
  2. Click My Subscriptions to see a list of the items you've subscribed to. You can click a subscription to go to the item.
  3. To delete a subscription, click the check box for the subscription and click Email Subscription Options > Delete Selected Subscriptions.

I'll be around if there's any questions present.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Why !!! So the other customers don’t see what a mess you have made and how angry your customers are because of an error on the recent update deeming our devices USLESS

Regards

Y M Gascoyne
Best Answer
Hi everyone! 

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences after updating to Fitbit OS 4.1.3. I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team. We've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Versa smartwatches after the update so if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• HOW DO I UPDATE?
  • Find step-by-step instructions for updating your Versa smartwatch here
  • If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, review these troubleshooting tips
  • If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? If the steps don't work, you can attempt the factory reset on your Fitbit. Remember to remove your watch first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  • If you've noticed issues with the battery of your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? or Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  • If the screen of your watch isn't responding to swipes or it's not turning on, but it seems to be still syncing:
 -  Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 
-  Please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?
-  Try to change the Screen Wake setting to manual, you can find the steps to do it in this help article: How do I see the time on my Fitbit device?

If you have any questions or inquiries related to your warranty you can check this page. At this time, we'll be closing this thread as it has became off topic. If you've already exhausted all the troubleshooting steps and you still need assistance, please open a new thread on the Versa smartwatches board and provide as many details related to the issue in your post so we could create a case on your behalf. Our support team will be glad to further assist you as soon as possible.

Best Answer