Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa display is stuck at Fitbit logo screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa suddenly went to logo screen and won’t do anything. I have tried restarting it multiple times and even factory reset. I have deleted the app wiped all data etc etc like it was a brand new device and it still just stays on the logo screen apart from when syncing from the app I do get the passcode come up but once entered then it just returns to the fitbit logo.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
129 REPLIES 129
Was yours still under warranty? Ours was not but only barely over a year old, all they offered was 25% off a new one. We tried everything

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue.
I ran the update on my Versa last night, and now all I get is the Fitbit Logo (diamond made of five rows of dots). Reset/restart attempts just blank the screen for a moment and then the logo returns

Best Answer
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good luck nothing worked for us. It’s disappointing that it’s a known issue to them and they don’t do anything about it but offer coupons do purchase a replacement.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never seen any coupons to purchase a new one.  Where do you see that?Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

They arre only available from  Customer Support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue with my Versa Lite

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Versa lite only has one button. And I have the same problem. Used to just happen when trying to reset, because night mode wouldn't turn off. Now it shows the fitbit symbol randomly throughout the day, when I just want to check the time. Frustrating. Please create a fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me.  In this case my Versa 2 watch is supposed to be synced with my android phone. But I would think this would work with any device when stuck at (not being able to get past) the Fit bit logo when trying to boot up the watch.  First I uninstalled the Fit bit app from my phone.  But before I reinstalled app on phone there are a couple of steps.  I put the watch in the charger (must be right side up in charger). I don't know if that is needed but the original instructions said to but that may have simply been since the watch was new out of box and couldn't be allowed to die during setup. On phone I then went into the blue tooth settings on the phone and removed the pairing for the Versa 2 device.  But I did leave the blue tooth turned on, on my phone. AFTER all that I THEN reinstalled the Fit bit app on my phone. After I reinstalled the Fit bit app it asked to locate a device. Then the phone Fit bit app gave me the option to add a "replacement device". Because I had left the blue tooth turned on, on my phone, the app then went ahead and attempted to pair with the watch and the watch gave me a 4 digit code. A popup showed up on my phone and entered the 4 digit code there. Then the watch fully booted and allowed me to go through the rest of the watch setup and it booted fine after that.,

Best Answer

I got my fitbit a few days into october, and about in november, there was an update. i sat it on the charger, let it update, and thought it was done. I was in a rush to go to school and took it off the charger. Then, from then to now, all that appears is the logo which comes on and off. It will not do anything else. i tried deleting its connection off and everything off the app. And even charging it again. And it still is not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, contact customer services - your fitbit is only a few months old so they should offer you a replacement. Good luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is working but took  7-8 hours to download update, what a crap vendor is Fitbit, it should not take that long for an update. 

Best Answer

I just had this happen. Tried the restart of the fitbit Versa by pressing the left and bottom buttons as mentioned in many of the responses on this thread... but did not work. Went to Bluetooth settings, removed the Versa Device but my phone could not find it again. I was going to delete the fitbit app as mentioned in one of the earlier posts so that I could reinstall but backed away when it said I would lose all data. So, I rebooted my phone; returned to Bluetooth settings and the Versa appeared. I was eventually prompted to pair the versa with my phone, which I did... now the watch appears to be working. So, for me, it was a temporary blue tooth pairing issue. Hope this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can I be contacted with a different email or a text?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here too. I tried everything even the steps where you delete the app and pair it again to Bluetooth. This sucks. My versa a little over a year 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Call customer service. Hopefully they can send a replacement.

Sent from iPhone

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s about how old ours was. We tried everything

We did all they offered was 25% off a new one. We went with an Apple

Sent from my iPhone

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! I had the same problem where my watch would get stuck at the Fitbit logo and do nothing else. It happened when my battery had drained out. As everyone here did, I tried the reboot using the back button and bottom right button and even factory reset where you hold all three buttons. Nothing new happened. It seemed like it was stuck In a loop at the point where it’s trying to make a Bluetooth connection. This is what worked for me: 

1. I went to my Bluetooth settings on my phone and removed the entry for Versa( forget this device)

2. Let the Fitbit drain out completely 

3. Kept it in the charger for, I think, almost 48 hours. I would check it in between but yes, it was there for 2 days. I think letting it drain out and letting it keep trying to connect via Bluetooth is the key. And well, it just came on , on it’s own. I didn’t have to do anything. 
Hope this works for you. 

Best Answer

So I called customer support last week . I waited 40 minutes which I expected. They asked me to try all the options discussed in this thread . I told them I tried everything. At first of course they offered the 25% discount. I told the representative there is no way I am accepting this offer because my watch was about only 45 days out of warranty. I asked for an escalation or a manager which he tried to avoid but I was persistent. When I got to a manager she didn’t even argue with me. They offered a new replacement with no future support or 50% new purchase. They sent me a link where I chose the replacement of course. I got the Versa 2 , so I got a free upgrade hhhh.  I got it within 2 days but I only got the watch and charger in a thin plastic bag inside a big box with no foam protectors. I am surprised it didn’t break or scratched. Anyway I am not complaining. I am glad they agreed to offer the replacement even I had to be very persistent and not take the options they offered first.  Thank you everyone! 

Best Answer
0 Votes