Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa won’t sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my versa since Thursday, during the day my watch will work fine and sync with no issues. When I get up the following morning it will no longer sync, Bluetooth connection keeps dropping (only when trying to sync). I factory reset Friday morning and Saturday morning, spent over a hour each morning installing and setting the watch up again. I’ve spent longer trying to get my watch to work instead of using it. I’ve tried everything, phone on/off, Fitbit on/off, delete and reinstall app, Bluetooth on/off. Other than factory reset I can’t see anything else that works! Very upset and disappointed 

Best Answer
710 REPLIES 710

I've had my versa now since a few months. Very happy with it until last week it stopped syncing and I more often received warnings that it was not able to send notifications anymore. After reinstalling, turning it on and off again and resetting  I was quite disappointed. But then I read online that sometimes the problem can be that there are too many devices connected to the versa through Bluetooth. In my case there were 6 devices at the same time connected to Bluetooth. After I turned them al off the Versa immediately started syncing again. I hope this will help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried everything. The app won't pick it my versa, when I got it 3 weeks back there were no issues now it just stopped working. This is what I have done

1. I have restarted the Versa
  2. I have turned bluetooth off and on
  3. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it
  4. I have a Samsung note 8
  5. Then I try to re install the Versa, the app says it found it then nothing
  6. Tried Using the bluetooth on my phone its says pairing then , cant communicate

I am so frustrated with fit bit.  

This is my second product of theirs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't work. If fitbit are willing to sell us products then they should be across the apps etc. This is my second product of yours (versa) and I cannot connect to my Note 8. This is not acceptable

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone, I hope you're doing well, thanks for taking the time to share your experiences with the Fitbit Versa. 

I'm very glad to know some of you have already resolved the syncing issues on your end by restarting your Versa, your phone or the Bluetooth on your phone. For those of you who are still experiencing issues, I would like to suggest you to check the troubleshooting steps listed on this post. If the Versa is still not syncing correctly, my best recommendation would be setting up your Versa as a new device to reset the connection between the watch and your phone. 

To set up your Versa as a new device:

1. Go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone and check if your tracker is on the list of paired devices. If it is, tap on it and select Forget this Device.
  2. Restart your phone
  3. Open the Fitbit app and tap on the Account symbol at the top right corner of the screen, then tap on "Set up a New Device"
  4. Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue
  5. When the app asks you to replace your current tracker, please replace it and continue with the process.
  6. When a pop-up appears asking you to Pair your tracker to your device, tap on Pair and continue.

I hope this can be helpful, give it a try and let me know the outcome. 

Marco G. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution! Robot wink

Best Answer

I, like countless others on here,have done all of that with no success.  This seems to be a defect in the versa.  I’m currently awaiting my replacement from fitbit.  Has ANYONE here received a replacement that worked long term?   

Best Answer

Farmlife29113, is your 3rd one still working? 

Best Answer

Seacrett,

The Versa I have now is going on approximately three weeks and so far I have not had any problems with it. I hope that gives you some encouragement! 

Best Answer

Yes ma’am it is. So far so good. 

Best Answer

I’ve tried that and that doesn’t work. I have an iPhone X so it’s  compatible. I’m a big fan of fitbit but i really hope I don’t have to return it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

C I also dislike my versa. This is the fourth model of Fitbit that I have had. It never syncs.  I am so disappointed

@SaharM wrote:

I have also received my fitbit versa 2 days ago and the same problem happening, not syncing...

@KelJam wrote:

On 6/20/18 I bought a Fitbit Versa for $229.00 plus tax $246.03. After having owned a Fitbit Charge 2 and having no problems with it I decided to upgrade. I'm unhappy to say that I have had nothing but problems with it not syncing with my Android phone. I have tried all the suggestions to fix the syncing problem and none of them have worked. I had no problems with my Charge 2 syncing so I know it's not my phone. I do not need a list of things to try as I've stated I've tried them all.  I'm very disappointed with this Versa. After spending that much money for something that half works it's aggrevating! 

ointed in it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issues here after getting the versa. Tried all methods listed above even with all day sync, keep connected widget and always connected. 

Problem still persist. 

Best Answer
I had to get online and got it to work via this group.  You have to hold down all 3 buttons on the versa and take it back to the fitbit symbol  (about 10seconds) .  It's like a reset on an iphone I guess.  It started right up with the sync.  Got off its signal I'm assuming. Hope this helps yall 
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been doing that and nope! I called fitbit and I had to do a factory reset. And looks like it’s working

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I did all that and it didn’t work. I had to factory reset it and it’s finally connected. However, all my data is gone and because of that, I have missed some weekly goals. I can’t be doing this for the long term.

Moreover, it seems to be a noticeable problems for Versa. I didn’t pay so much to stress over this. Please fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it still syncing OK? Is the battery lasting 4 or more days as advertised? 

Best Answer

I’m at least three days with all day sync on.,

Best Answer

Hi everyone. Thank your for trying the suggestions shared in this thread and for letting us know about your experiences.

@seacrett hopefully your new device will work without issues.

@Farmlife29113 happy to hear that your new Versa is working fine.

@ToshioKhoo you will get an email from our Support team so they can further assist you.

I'll be around!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still syncing ok. But no it only last 3 days

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you are having Sync issue check on the last installed app. I remember an app tried to make a connection using Wi Fi that had no Wi Fi Password at the time to do some K-payment processing since trial was over. I keep getting cannot connect from the app. The minute I reinstalled that app and did a reboot of the watch the Sync problem stopped. 

Best Answer
0 Votes