Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp/FB Notifications for Fitbit Versa

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Do you know if Fitbit Versa will be able to show whatsapp or fb messages notifications for Iphone users? I read in previous comments about it saying that it only works for Android but what about IOS?

Moderator edit: updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@ArviKatla Hey, there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums. Thanks for stopping by the Versa board. Great to hear you've joined the Versa Fam! Smiley Happy

In order for What's App and Facebook Messenger notifications to show on your Versa watch, you need to enable each one inside of the Fitbit app

Try the following:

• Inside of the Fitbit app, go to Account >Versa >Notifications
  • Select App Notifications 
  • In this tab, you must toggle on notifications for What's app and Facebook Messenger
  • Apps are added to this list after they have sent notifications to your phone already

Hope this does the trick for you! Let me know if you still need some guidance. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
91 REPLIES 91

Hi @MiguelAmst Smiley Happy Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Yes, Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger notifications are supported for iOS on Versa. Robot Happy

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will there ever be the option to Reply? 

@AlessFitbitwrote:

Hi @MiguelAmst Smiley Happy Welcome to the Fitbit Community!

Yes, Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger notifications are supported for iOS on Versa. Robot Happy

Best Answer

I am interested to know this also, is it possible to reply connected to Android devices?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can anyone explain step by step how to get WhatsApp and Facebook notifications on my Versa from my iPhone please? 

Thanks

Best Answer

Hi I would also like to know how to setup FB and messenger notifications on my Versa- help?

Best Answer

Hello guys! I hope you are doin' great! If you have questions about how to set up the notifications between your Fitbit Versa and your phone (as long as it is compatible device) I suggest you to first of all, check that Bluetooth on your phone is on and that your phone can receive notifications (often under Settings > Notifications). Then follow the steps below to set up notifications:

1. With your watch nearby, from the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon ( ) > Versa tile.

2. Tap Notifications. When you're prompted to pair Versa, follow the on-screen instructions. After you've paired your watch, "Versa" will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices connected to your phone. Call, text, and calendar notifications are turned on automatically.

3. To turn on notifications from apps installed on your phone, including Fitbit and WhatsApp, tap App Notifications and turn on the specific notifications you want to see.

4. Tap Notifications > Versa in the top left corner to return to device settings. Your watch syncs to complete the setup. For detailed instructions on how to set up notifications, see help.fitbit.com

* If you want to receive Facebook notifications as well, you have to activate the option to receive the notification on your phone first, then follow the process to set the notifications. 

When your phone and Versa are within range, a notification causes the watch to vibrate. If you don't read the notification when it arrives, you can check it later (swipe down on the clock screen or press and hold the top button).

If you want to know more about how to manage notifications on your Fitbit Versa, please take a look at our Versa manual > Notifications. 

For iOS replies, currently our team doesn't have this in mind, however, you'll find this idea on our Feature Suggestions board, so you can take a look at it and leave your comments. 

If you have further questions folks, keep me posted! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Hello,

I just got the Versa and i'm not reciving messages notifications from my phone

I have a Samsung s9+

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Gringatyler, welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy Well, let me explain to you that the reason why you are not getting notifications is because this phone model, the Samsung Galaxy S9 isn't yet on the compatible devices list, so you might or not be able to setup/sync your Versa with it, however I can't guarantee that you can use all of its features without inconveniences. So that being said, I can recommend you to take a look at this article which has tips that could help you out to fix the not getting notifications issue. 

Give it a try and let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa. Notifications from most of my apps work except for WhatsApp. I manually turned on the notification but it's not coming through to my watch. 

I have a Google Pixel 2XL running Android 8.1.0

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @themarina, welcome to the Community! So you are getting all the notifications, but Whatsapp, right? Let's start with the phone model that you are using. The Google Pixel 2XL isn't a compatible device yet so even though you can sync your Versa with it and get most of your notifications, there are some functions that might not be working at 100% due to the incompatibility and because our team still testing on this device. In the meantime, I can suggest you to try to disable the Whatsapp notifications on the app itself, then sync your Versa, then enable them again and finally sync your watch again. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

Thanks @HeydyF that totally worked! I turned off the notifications and the the sync. Closed the app and shut down the phone. Turned the notifications and sync back on and powered up the watch and now the Whatsapp notifications are working. Thanks for the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update @themarina! Sounds pretty awesome that you are now getting notifications on your Fitbit Versa! If you have further questions or comments, let me know. I'll be glad to continue assisting you. 😉 

Have a nice weekend! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. I tried the method of turning off the sync and all but my whatsapp  notifications still doesnt appear on my samsung note 8. Any more ideas how to mk it wotk? Thks

Best Answer

Hey @Addy13, welcome to the Community! Thanks for trying those tips to make the Whatsapp notifications work on your Versa. Beside that, I'd like you to try some other troubleshooting stated in this help article: My Fitbit device isn't receiving notifications from my phone. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about Android devices? Also can receive whatsapp notification?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Derekcwp! Yes, you can receive Whatsapp notification from your Android on your Fitbit Versa. If you have questions about the notification on your watch, please take a look at this help article: How do I get notifications from my phone on my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks

However, https://contact.fitbit.com (cedric y) just email reply me that whatsapp is not a compatible third software and should not receive whatsapp notification. I got confused. Can anyone help to advise and confirm? Thanks . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @Derekcwp! Well, for example if your Android phone isn't a compatible device, you might not get notifications. So let me ask you this, what is the phone model that you are using? Does it appear on the compatible devices list

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

LG v20. 

I have not bought the versa yet .I want to confirm that whatsapp notification and message can be displayed before my purchase .

Indeed, i have asked the retailers and all replied me yes .

Best Answer
0 Votes