Bring back step streak on new Fitbit app

I am on day 997 of getting 10,000 or more steps a day in a row. I was looking forward to seeing 1,000 on a few days. I can’t believe you took that feature away.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
513 Comments
PeterKuechler
First Steps

I have a new streak back but it's only at 55 days, missing 1070 days from before they screwed up the app. I've been told by one rep it can't be fixed and then another one that don't worry they are working to fix it (this was 3 weeks ago). Terrible customer service.

Aaronhs
First Steps
The streak is present but it does not go back to when your streak started
it only goes back about 55 days. You can find your new streak going to
steps and clicking on it. You can also see your history going back to when
you started using your Fitbit.

I’m still waiting to see my almost 2 year streak return!!!
toniinboston
Jogger

I am with you.  Mine is over 3 years - over 1260 consecutive days.  All visible when I look at the app but my streak shows 61 days now - which is the day that I upgraded to this version.  So frustrated.  Manual count continues.  If anyone finds the key (and I have tried some of the other suggestions) please let me know.  Or maybe I need to retry those uninstalls and reinstalls again - just did nothing before.  Stay safe and healthy everyone.  Maybe someday........

Aaronhs
First Steps
I put my Fitbit back to factor settings and removed and redownloaded the
app and still no change in my streak!!!

I have premium too without any benefit!
BonsH
Jogger
Yes! 😊

Sent from my iPhone
wizard1066
Jogger
No, it has started counting all over again…
wizard1066
Jogger
The new streak looks like this… it’s a little sad compared to the previous
one. It feels like Fitbit was Apple before, but has been taken over by IBM.
BonsH
Jogger
I agree, but I’m so glad that it’s back I don’t even care how it looks. LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone
BonsH
Jogger
That’s a bummer. Mine continued flawlessly. But I can empathize with you. I’m now keeping a weekly count on a paper calendar just in case it goes away permanently. I’m at 1,003 today and want to continue. I know it’s silly, but it means a lot to me.

Sent from my iPhone
LizToe
First Steps
I’m on day 996 and super excited to see it reach 1000 steps. It does sound
silly, but for me it’s a big deal and an accomplishment. I was so happy to
see the step streak return and luckily for me, my steps were correct,
BonsH
Jogger
Congrats!!!!!! I know it’s a huge accomplishment! Let’s shoot for 2000!😊

Sent from my iPhone
Aaronhs
First Steps
Exactly my point
CCinSD56
First Steps
The step streak is gone again. You brought it back and now it’s gone after today’s update. This was a massive mistake the last time and you brought it back for a reason. I’m 10 days from 1000 and …
Pj57
First Steps

My daughter has reached a bucketful of goals with her new Apple watch. Tons of colors, medals and encouragement. I just laugh and say… ‘Hold on, I just got a swirl for hitting my step goal, and wait, if I tap this screen and if you get close you’ll see that I’ve continued my step streak.’  Is creative graphic interface difficult in 2024? A Fitbit is for tracking and motivating. Please, can’t we have more motivation? The fireworks and disco ball were such giggle inducers. Now it’s just, well, sad. (I did get a laugh out of the comment that said IBM did the update. True!!! )

Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
At this
At this point I’m not giggling anymore. I love how your daughter’s apple
watch is working. Motivation from our devices are crucial. Just not feeling
it from my Fitbit anymore
Irongpj
First Steps
Yup…I switched about 2 months ago and don’t regret it one bit. I think Fitbit will be a distant memory in a few years
Sent from my iPhone
AntiochMrs.
Jogger
So true! Heck, your post made ME giggle. Everything is so boring now. Looks like something from about 20 years ago, not 2024.
SteveA125
First Steps

I created a request to restore the streak display from all the data they have, and the moderator indicated the more people that vote for it, the better the chances are it will be fixed.

Hopefully this link with get you to my request

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Product-Feedback/Add-option-to-recalculate-lifetime-step-streak/idi-...

LizToe
First Steps
My step streak did come back but over the weekend, I noticed it had
disappeared again. Why did it get taken away again? This is ridiculous!
BonsH
Jogger
Mine has been fixed for quite awhile.

Sent from my iPhone
Gismotron
Recovery Runner
So has mine! I like the way it awards you for making your goal also
toniinboston
Jogger

I am soooooooo jealous.  Mine tells me today was day 114 and so my manual total since before the upgrade is that today was 1279.  So disappointing to have this situation dragging on and on for months now.  Oh well, giving up hope.  Next tracker will be something different.  I have been with Fitbit since 2017.  Have a good weekend everyone. 

Pj57
First Steps

I had my 'step streak sentence' restored 2 months ago. Unfortunately, I lost my streak when Fitbit stopped tracking it. At first I was so angry that it was gone. Then I realized that I could miss a day and well, that was fine.

My issue with this update, is that previously, my step streak showed up in my top tile as a banner. It was prominent and shouted encouragement! Now I have to search to find it. I have scroll to my step tile and then tap it. Then, and only then, in small letters, can I see what my streak is. It's become a running joke with my kids (who have Apple Watches and LOVE them) because I take a photo of the words of encouragement that I get each day, in Arial size 4; __ day streak   Keep hitting your steps goal to continue your streak! (Always the same exact sentence.) 

Then my kids show me all the fireworks and swirls that come when they hit a goal.

The person who said that it looks like IBM created Fitbit's graphic update is spot on. 

MUSA35
Stepping Up

Agree - I'm at or was at 731 days of achieving 10,000 or more steps & can no longer see. Let me know if there is any way to reinstate. It's been a motivator & the prime reason I use my Fitbit Inspire 3

Kathiheale
Recovery Runner
Delete your app and reload it. Make sure your device has current upgrades.
If that doesn’t help call support. This is what they told me to do before.
I REALLY hope that helps
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.