Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate inaccurate on Fitbit Sense

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey 

is anyone else experiencing huge heart rate inaccuracy during exercise with the sense? 

During exercise with the sense it won’t ever get above 120bpm for me 

but if I use my charge 4 during the EXACT same exercise my heart rate is between 145-170bpm in the cardio zone 

It’s extremely disappointing and I don’t want to have to switch to my charge 4 everytime I exercise to ensure accurate heart rate 

defeats the purpose of having the sense 

seriously one of the most frustrating experiences I have ever had.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and insights about the Sense HR. Our team is aware, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other members. I apologize for the experience that you've had with your watch, please know your feedback hasn't gone unnoticed and we'll keep working to improve our products.

To prevent any confusion, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. However, if you have a different question, I'd encourage you to start a new thread to receive help from the Community.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
568 REPLIES 568

I discovered the same thing yesterday.
I have about the same heart rate one day in the office as during a power walk. 

Best Answer

Yes it is currently happening to me too. I was binge watching netflix chillin on the couch then checked my HR it was around 130-150 bpm. And all day its been hovering around 90-110 bpm which is totally wrong. Had to rechecked myself with a cheap MI Band and my resting rate was around 65-75 bpm. I already tried shutting it down, factory reset. but still the issue persist

Best Answer

Amazing how I've seen no fitbit official accounts address any of these threads.

Best Answer

Also had the same issue my first time wearing it during exercise today. Super disappointing and will probably just be switching back to my original versa if this doesn't improve. 

Best Answer

I really do not understand why they don't adress the issue. I am quite disappointed with Fitbit,

Best Answer

Update- I reached out to support and they essentially said that heart rate can be affected by how you wear the fitbit and temp. I tried to wear it lower on my wrist, higher, looser, and tighter with no luck. I was also exercising in a temperature controlled environment. 

So no answer, really. 

I'm super disappointed because the sense is advertised as being the most accurate, but I know that when I'm exercising at my peak my HR is not at 90 BPM...

Best Answer

@AllyssaClap They're just reading their script to you rather than addressing the problem. There is clearly an issue with the device, as many of us have experienced.

Best Answer

I have a Fitbit Sense and a Fitbit Charge and have noticed large discrepancies between the 2 devices regardless of being at rest or exercising.

Both devices have been setup in the app to the correct wrist location and I have also swapped wrists and adjusted the app accordingly but the HR discrepancies still exist.

The difference between the 2 devices is +9 on Sense resting +13 during excercise compared with the Charge.

My Sense is also not syncing now or picking up correct previous days data.

Best Answer

Compared to my Ionic, when I worked out today with the Sense, my heartrate was too low, then it occasionally popped up by about 35BPM.

Best Answer

Yes, mine was fine for about two weeks and now it's popping all over the place..resting from 60 to 135. Sucks. Someone from Fitbit needs to address this!!!

Best Answer

Same here. Just got it today, right before a workout and was very excited to use it. While working out, said I was at 116, 107, 123.... I know my body pretty well and knew I was higher than that. Tried adjusting because it slips when I’m sweating. Tried wiping it off. The workout pauses when I moved the watch back and forth while adjusting and that seems cool, but it was just annoying at the time. Sometimes it would jump up 20bpm, sometimes not. I put on my actual HR strap and the Sense was as much as 35bpm lower! So very disappointed. My Versa Lite was spot-on HR accurate. 

oh— as soon as I stopped working out, it matched up with my chest strap perfectly. 

Best Answer

Hello,

I've been a long time fitbit user and recently upgraded to a Fitbit sense. Since then I've been using my Fitbit to track my workouts and had a feeling that the heart rate was reportedly lower while tracking the exercise "weightlifting". So today I put on a polar chest strap and the fitbit and the fitbit is just completely off.. it reported my max heart rate at 134 whereas the polar reported the maximum heart rate at 162 with an average HR of 135. Is anyone else noticing this with their sense HR? 

Best Answer

I have the exact same issue with weightlifting. same reps/weights as a workout with my versa 1, but sense says I’m “below zone” when previously I was in “cardio.” Its so frustrating to know you are working hard and sweating and breathing hard and your watch says your HR is 95.  And then you stop and have to fiddle with it, once you do it immediately jumps to 135+

Best Answer
Thanks for confirming this.
Its good to know that I'm not the only one, but a shame that such an
expensive device which focuses so much on measuring things through heart
rate - can't even do that accurately.
Best Answer

@Abhi2879 when you look at the HR recording in the workout tile in the Fitbit app, does it show 135 as well. Can you please post a screenshot? I noticed sometimes there's a delay with what's being displayed on Sense especially for rapid HR changes. 

Marrrmaduke | Canada
Charge HR, Blaze, Charge 2, Charge 3, Inspire HR, Versa Lite, Versa SE, Aria

Best Answer

my heart rate also fluctuating massively ..even sitting down!

Best Answer

@Marrrmaduke wrote:

I noticed sometimes there's a delay with what's being displayed on Sense especially for rapid HR changes. 

Is it a delay? Bad accuracy? A Bug? No, I think it is a easteregg!

Best Answer

Hi, If you read the posts on this community you will find many users with comparable problems. My Sense constantly reports a significantly lower heartrate than my Polar arm strap. I have reverted back to a Charge 4 and had the chance to compare the two with each other and the Polar OH1 arm strap. The Sense remains lower (6 to 8 hbpm on the average HR) when doing steady state cardio like running and walking and sometimes over 10 or more hbpm lower than the average HR on the other two devices when doing weight training. Max HR can even be more off. HR in rest is very similar. For now I will stick to the Charge 4 as my main driver. Can't wait for Fitbit to resolve the problem as I really like the Sense and want to use it. Hoewever, the Zone minutes are affected too. Especially when doing weight training. This makes using the Sense a bit pointless for me at the moment. 

I think the main problem of the Sense is that it does not recognize sudden increases of HR quickly and effiently enough. Hopefully a firmare update can fix it.

Best Answer