Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zip not syncing after the update to Android 9

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My husband and I updated our Pixel 2 phones yesterday to Android 9.  Now our fitbits won't sync.  Any tips for this new version?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
111 REPLIES 111

We had the same issue! Both my husband and I have the Zip. I updated mine, and it stopped syncing with my phone and computer. After doing everything from every forum, resenting zip, changing the battery, re-downloading app, resetting phone, nothing worked. After a long chat with customer services, Fitbit told me to buy a new one because mine had connectivity issues. I didn't have them before updating. My husband's syncs perfectly to my account. We haven't updated his zip, because we are afraid it doesn't sync anymore!

Best Answer

Nice to have you on the Forums @icape001 and @Kas2003.

Thanks for your feedback. Our team is working on this. We're sorry for the syncing trouble that our Android users are having, this is with the 9.0 version . We appreciate your patience,  and as we mentioned above we look forward to get you back on track.

In the meantime, I'd suggest to sync your tracker with a different device or a PC, so you don't loose your data and you can keep the time on your Fitbit. 

If you have questions about it please let me know, I'll be around. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should have offered discount coupons for the dongle if that is what is needed to sync to computer. This is Fitbit's usability issue and only solution offered (that I am aware of) is to buy more product. 

Best Answer

Hi @SFFB, nice to see you here. Sorry for the time that it has taken, at this moment we don't have more details about it. Thank for your reply and your suggestion. Please check the supported devices that you can use here.

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

I have been trying to get a resolution to this problem for months now.  It seems a little ridiculous that your company doesn't try and support Android users.  October to late February has been plenty of time to come up with a fix for this Bluetooth issue.  When on the phone with customer service I requested if a different product could be shipped to me instead and there response was that no Fitbit product would be able to sync.  How is this possible? 

Best Answer

My zip has never synced to my Android pie device and no kidding today it started to.  My battery had died and when I replaced it everything started working as expected.  Been an hour now and it still syncs.  (I'm almost in disbelief)

Best Answer

Really?  Mine (as others have wrote about as well) works when you pull the battery out and basically reset it.  Only after you do that it will sync for a time or two, but it is not a valid fix.  Please let me know in a day or two if it's syncing through your Android phone and not another nearby device.

Best Answer

Already broke....Smiley Indifferent

Best Answer

@YojanaFitbit wrote:

Sorry for the time that it has taken, at this moment we don't have more details about it.

That's not acceptable.  It's been over 6 months.  Your management owes us a better explanation, an apology for their service lethargy, a time-based commitment for a fix, and a compensatory gesture in the meantime.

Best Answer

@Jabds@Mrcreek, @WarAxe, I apologize for the delayed response and thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community!

Thank you for your feedback. Our team has been working to resolve this and I'm sorry it has taken so long. I don't know about a compensatory gesture at this time @WarAxe

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

I think you should bring this concern and frustration from your customers to your management service.   This problem because of the longevity of the issue is showing a lack of care for your customers.  Fitbit makes a commitment to it's paying customers that it will work on supported OS's and as I have checked Android is supported.

Best Answer

Hi, i have an unlocked s9+ and just got the "pie" update. Guess fitbit techies still haven't worked out the kinks with the syncing problem? Been a few months since pie first came out. Thanks

Best Answer

I have a Zip which replaced my one just over a month ago. Last week after an update to my Samsung Galaxy S9 plus it stopped syncing. After several chats with Fitbit Tech service and restarting by removing the battery, removing and reinstalling the app, and several other things it was decided that I probably had a defect so I was sent a replacement. I recieved the replacement yesterday and it does the same thing. I can only sync by removing the battery. So I think it is safe to assume that Fitbit needs to come up with a software update that solves the problem!!

Best Answer

Thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community @Jabds@Dcg465 and @Sniles . Welcome! I thank you for sharing your concerns and really appreciate your comments.

I will forward your information to a higher level. Our team works to improve the products and services. 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Has the sync issue with Android 9 been fixed? I have a new Moto X phone with Android 9, but it won't sync with my Fitbit Zip.

Best Answer
No, mine is still not syncing. I believe Fitbit tech department will need
to create an update to fix the issue.
Best Answer

Is there a resolution as of yet my zip still won't sync

If fitbit cant solve this problem they should at the very least send us all new  battery compartment covers

Mine is now held together with tape to keep the cover on from the repeated resetting. Offering me 25% off a new zip because you dont sell the backs is not accebtable being it would have much more life if I didnt have to take the back off to get it to sync due to lack of giving a s%^+ by fitbit. I now presume fitbit is making enough money that the incidental thousands of users they have the potential to lose has zero impact on them. Maybe its time to show them the power of social media not just blog talk and maybe the tune will change when its too little too late. Thank you fitbit for your exemplary customer service! (Thats sarcasm incase it was taken for sincerity)

Best Answer

After they originally accused me saying my product was broken they also offered me a discount on my next product.  When I called back they voided my discount...that was back in October/November.  My back is also torn up from repeated openings. I think you're right, time to take it to social media.

Best Answer
I haven't seen anything yet. Hopefully Fitbit tech team is working on it,
and will have a solution quickly.
Best Answer

@Sniles Bless your optimism.

Best Answer