Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not connecting to my iPhone. It does intermittently.

My Charge 4 had no problem.  

Anyone having this issue?

---------------

Deleted my pairing to the Charge 5 and restarted it, then re-paired it in the app seems to have fixed the problem..  yay

---------------

Actually I am still having this issue.  I’ve unpaired, restarted iPhone and fitbit.  Re-paired.   Restarted.  Bluetooth takes a long time and mostly never connects to the charge 5.  My charge 4 worked perfect. 

Moderator edit: merged replies + word choice 

Best Answer
241 REPLIES 241
I agree. I have already said Apple gets my next purchase.

Cathy
Best Answer
0 Votes
I also have been a long time fitbit user and was so disappointed at Fitbit
after 3 tries with a Fitbit Charge 5 and none worked properly. Though I
wanted to stay with a Fitbit as it provided all the functions I wanted it
was not worth trying a 4th time or waiting until the 6 which might very
well have the same issues. I decided to take the plunge and did go to Apple
even though it was much more than I needed or wanted but it works with no
issues from day 1. FItbit has likely lost a customer for life due to all
the issues I had and no resolution from customer service.
Best Answer
Well I don’t know what I’ve but have had no problems for months

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried rebooting the Charge 5?

Best Answer
As I said in my last reply I’ve had no issues for months now don’t exactly what corrected the problem but it’s stays connected just takes a little longer to sync than my inspire did

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. All 3 watches. I ever deleted and restarted the app losing years of data. Contacted customer service for each of the watches multiple times. They walked me through all the steps I already did and they themselves gave up and said they don’t know why it doesn’t work and there is nothing they could do but send me a replacement. Mind you, if this was 1 watch ok, but this was 3 different Charge 5s bought from different places including Fitbit themselves. 

Best Answer

You are lucky. I tried 3 and none of them would fully set up because of the issue. Returned all of them and gave up on Fitbit after loving their devices. Went back to my Charge 2 which worked great but wanted more of the new functions so went with an IWatch since Fitbit is no longer an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Charge 5 is tracking and syncing.  However, I question the accuracy.  Based on Charge 5 readings my doctor authorized an at home sleep test.  The sleep study came back normal.  I will start to review feedback on alternative devices.  

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS
Best Answer
0 Votes
The device simply does not do what is advertised, and Fitbit offers no meaningful customer support.
It would be one thing if the device never works properly, but it does. You would then be led to believethat some part of the setup is incorrect, but that is not the case. It will synch fine, text messagesand notifications from the phone will appear on the fitbit until they don't. That might be an hour lateror if you are lucky a full day. Then the heart rate monitor will stop working, etc... Then all of the historicaldata goes away, and then comes back. Who needs this headache. My initial advice stands, If you have made the mistake of buying this, throw it back in the box and return it while you can.  Do not waste time on areplacement device, it is not the device, it simply doesn't work as advertised for any consistent time.Others here have had good luck, but I wonder how much of the functionality they are using.So disappointed with this product and the company. Never again.
Best Answer

I just bought a Charge 5 and this is still an issue five months later. How is this acceptable?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just unboxed my Charge 5 and having this same issue as well. iPhoneXR iOS 15.5.

Had a Charge 2 for +4years and never encountered BT connection issues this bad.

In the BT settings on my phone I can watch the Charge 5 connect and disconnect within seconds and repeat over and over again.

It does sync, but for only a few min at most that I have seen thus far before then dropping again.

Just got done with Fitbit chat support and still no fix, so this is going on for +8 months now.

My wife's new Garmin has been working without a hitch. 

Guess I'll return this Charge 5 and Garmin here I come.

Shame b/c the Fitbit has more features for the price.

Guess you get what you pay for.

Bye-bye Fitbit.

Best Answer
Not expected sure what I did to fix the issue but mines been good for months now

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Poslano s mojeg iPhonea
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what I did when I could not get my Charge 5 to stay connected to my iPhone: Forget Charge 5 in bluetooth settings then Restart Charge 5 from Settings.   Next set up Charge 5 again on iPhone keeping Charge 5 one meter from iPhone.   Once bluetooth connection is more solid update firmware to latest release.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also having same issue, daily!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just bought Charge 5 because my Charge 2 was starting to have some display issues and I was tired of connected GPS.

Now I have the same issues as you guys. It was very hard to set up the device with my iPhone and Charge 5 bluetooth connection with my phone is internment. It's so frustrating you can't change your watch faces because the connection is unstable.

I'll test it during the weekend and if the problem persists "bye bye Fitbit" I guess.

I'm not a big fan of the Apple Watch, mainly because of the one day battery, but Fitbit is literally forcing me to shop elsewhere. It's a shame because I love the app, but those devices are crap.

Best Answer

Looks like If they decide to play these corporate delay games I too will be sending mine back in for full refund.

how **ahem**ty for them to knowingly have unstable syncing with charge 5 device and not fix if software/app issue

Best Answer

I agree with you.  I’ve had 3 of these and this 5 is the worst for disconnecting continuously 

Best Answer

So it can be worse? 😮

Is it any better afer todays update?

What iPhone's are you using. Is it problem with older devices or all iPhones?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an iPhone SE gen 2, so not terrible old.  Even if the phones are older that is no excuse as Bluetooth is an established protocol.

I haven't installed the update yet so we will see, but I don't have much hope that it will change anything given there have been other updates since the release of the Charge 5.

Best Answer
0 Votes