Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 5 keeps disconnecting from Bluetooth

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Charge 5 is not connecting to my iPhone. It does intermittently.

My Charge 4 had no problem.  

Anyone having this issue?

---------------

Deleted my pairing to the Charge 5 and restarted it, then re-paired it in the app seems to have fixed the problem..  yay

---------------

Actually I am still having this issue.  I’ve unpaired, restarted iPhone and fitbit.  Re-paired.   Restarted.  Bluetooth takes a long time and mostly never connects to the charge 5.  My charge 4 worked perfect. 

Moderator edit: merged replies + word choice 

Best Answer
241 REPLIES 241

The problem (failure to connect) recurred several times.  The first two times it responded to a restart; the last time, it didn’t so i tried to delete data and reinstall. It didn’t work.  It’s packed up and ready to go back to Costco tomorrow. The only other friend who had one of these had the same problem, so based on that and the comments here I have to assume that the product has inherent flaws that render it useless. Sorry if my previous comment raised anyone’s hopes.  

Best Answer

Let's be clear, this is technically an answer but it's not a resolution.  This is Fitbit giving us a runaround, asking us to repeat steps that we've already tried to "fix" an issue that was first reported over 5 months ago.

I have contacted Customer service 3 times now, I've tried every step, and I (and dozens of other users) still have this issue.

Best Answer

I, too, loved my Charge 4.  Seemed much more reliable than the 5.  Is there any sense as to when the corrections will be completed?  

Best Answer

FYI, this is STILL going on - I've done every troubleshooting step they've asked.  Fitbit support has not formally acknowledged this issue just that "they're working on it" and then they send me to an article about syncing my phone.  I've been relatively nice to them and explained the issue is with BLUETOOTH disconnecting.

Best Answer
My was doing ok till last night then it disconnected an wouldn’t reconnect till I restarted it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problems as from this morning, synchonisation is not possible.I've tried everything. BlueTooth does see charge 5, the fit bit app does find the charge 5, but will not connect after a few minutes time-out.. Uninstalled the app, unpaired, restarted smartphone and charge five. Same result, time out when connecting. Since you comment of 01-18-22 fitibit has offered no solution?

Best Answer
I haven’t had any problems in about a month. Charge 5 is back to working just fine. Not sure why people are still having problems, but I understand the frustration.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Still no response. I was abl to get it to sync with my iPad but unfortunately not with my phone. I am hoping for notice of a software upgrade. I also do reset mine regularly. Very frustrating.

Cathy Brown
Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
No fix yet. I switched back to my old fitbit until the fix is out. I really like the look of the screen on the Charge 5. I hope it comes soon.

Sent from Mail for Windows
Best Answer
0 Votes

I returned mine to Fitbit.  Too many problems with it.  I mailed it March 14th with an expected return date to them on March 29th.  I am going to receive a replacement ( I hope it is a new device and not refurbished).  Not sure when I will receive it.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Regret buying this. Plan to get my money back. Clearly no product testing. 

Best Answer

This was posted 3 months ago, how about an update.  I would think the developers have had enough time to figure out the bluetooth issue.  I's sure I'm not the only one that is tired of this issue where we need to fight to have the data synchronized with our phone app.  

Best Answer
I have already posted several updates.
To reiterate the last one: my Fitbit Charge 5 recovered full function about the beginning of March (I think, but figure +/- 2 weeks). No more problems syncing, correct battery display, no other problems. I’ve kept both the Fitbit device & the App (iOS) up-to-date. It’s working & syncing just fine.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry for the misunderstanding, my response was to the Fitbit Moderator not you DFR1335.   I have not seen any response from Fitbit addressing this and I have alway kept my devices and software up to date and the bluetooth has not been stable with the Charge 5 and my iPhone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same issue. Daily I have to restart my phone, restart my charge 5, unpair, pair again, etc.  I also have issues with my heart rate then turned on and off and calculating my fit calories.  

Best Answer

I have been using Fitbit for several years. I never had a problem until I got this pile of crap Charge 5. Constant bluetooth connection drops, app fails to show my steps, steps from previous days disappear. It looks pretty cool, but operationally it is an unreliable piece of junk.

Best Answer

Update: it took over a month to receive a replacement.  I used the shipping label provided by Fitbit.  Mailed return on March 14th.  Received replacement on April 20th. FedEx told me Fitbit purchases the lowest level service offered and there is often a problem with those deliveries.  FedEx tracking site still shows “delivery pending” for the return tracking number.  After a month, Fitbit chose to mail replacement even though they had not received returned device.  The replacement device works fine. No problems.  Fitbit also re-started the 6 month free trial period originally offered with purchase.  My advice, if you are still having problems with the Charge 5 return it but DO NOT use their shipping label provided. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue. I am still using the Charge 2 and it has no issue. I went through 3 (from different stores) Charge 5s in a week and all of them had the issue. I have ran through every "fix" I've found and with customer service and it never resolves it. I couldn't even update the device. One I had went black within 24 hours as well as the bluetooth issue. It seems this device is extremely buggy. 

It's unfortunate because I really wanted to upgrade to another Fitbit but with no resolution I have started researching other devices. I'm hoping they can get this fixed soon or at least before the Charge 6 comes out. I like the charges better than anything else I've tried. Very frustrating and unfortunate. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post is more than 4 months old and still no resolution. I have had a Fitbit 2,3,4, and 5. I’m ready to switch if this problem is not corrected.  The company has the resources but apparently chooses not to direct them toward the resolution of this problem. Fitbit: Don’t take your customers for granted lest they look elsewhere!

HenryN
Best Answer
0 Votes

I can assure you that Fitbit will do nothing. They never do. The various problems have been reported for years now and customers get the run around- try this, try that, or we shall get our IT team to attend to it. But they will not. Customers are not valued at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes