Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

This solution worked. Thank you so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

worked perfectly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Reinstalling app did not work 

Best Answer

Reinstalling APP did not fix my Fit Bit

Best Answer

Reinstalled. Doesn’t work. 

Best Answer

It worked- THANK YOU!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit went halfway and then stop with an exclamation in the middle. Can not set it in my Bluetooth 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you , thank you thank you.

After four days, and much upset, my fitbit HR has now appeared to be updated and now charging again.

Many blessing to Daw126 and to Markblakeney.

I've been trying to fix it since last Thursday when I tried to download the new flameware.......

Its been very upsetting as I am nearly 70 and have had to have a steep leaving curve......

I also only have a Windows 7 computer so found out I couldn't do it by Fitbit connect as instructed too.

So spent an hour and a half trying to download something that would not.

You are both my earth angels today for helping me.

Blessings

Eva

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instruction and was stopped half-way after "forget this device" from the Bluetooth setting.

I had to open the Fitbit apps and forget the Charge HR device from the apps too then set up the device again. Ta da~ the problem resolved but for those who didn't sync their data and encountered the error, you will lose your data after resetting your Charge HR.

Lucky for me that I did a sync before I encountered the error.

Best Answer
Thank you for your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

DO I turn bluetooth back on?

Best Answer
0 Votes

how>???Smiley Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, you need re-match your device to your phone's Bluetooth setting again like how you set up your device. Just that, your existing data on your apps will still remain.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried same and it worked -

(This fixed my tracker:
Go to phone settings > forget device for your tracker > switch off Bluetooth > switch on Bluetooth > open fitbit app on your phone > then the update completed for me and then started to sync with my tracker.)!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How long did the app take to do the update?  I have just done the re-install of the app but updating over bluetooth as Wi-Fi will not work.  

Appears to be taking a long time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

after lots of worries. not being able to update. the solution given above worked. just disconnect from bluetooth. restart the app. My. I phone still didn't want to pair up. on the second try,

wrote:
This fixed my tracker:
Go to phone settings > forget device for your tracker > switch off Bluetooth > switch on Bluetooth > open fitbit app on your phone > then the update completed for me and then started to sync with my tracker.

it all worked thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Done that - it didn’t work.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Reinstalling app did not work for me. Still trying to figure out a resolution. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes