Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Many thanks for trying, but I can’t slide it over to turn green (as per below), and I have turned all notification options on. Do, I’m not getting the pop-up message to link to my iPhone. Do you have any other ideas?

many thanks 🙏🏽 

Tap Notifications; move the slide over till it turns green, then a pop-up message should appear requesting permission to set up your tracker to your iPhone's

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Edmonli

Try this from this guy

King Fisher fix

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

This youtube video had a couple of ideas. They worked for me:) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHRMIN7BQlw

@AliFitality wrote:
Going nowhere with support. I’d like a refund. 😝

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey! Thanks! Worked for me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you.  It worked for me.  And I am very happy to hear that you run with your German Shepard.  Keep the bad people away.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your Welcome @heydeb

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Tried the following from all these other users having similar problems. Using Fitbit Charge 2 and Iphone 6S. iOS is updated. Initially got "FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18" after pairing device.

1. "Forgot" device, and reset bluetooth. Then it just locks up after inputting 4 digits when we try to pair. 
  2. Re-downloaded iOS app. Still wont pair. 
  3. Reset tracker with UL listed charger, still wont pair.
  4. Reset tracker with PC, still wont pair.
  5. Reset everything, downloaded PC app to try and pair through dongle. App crashes when we try to sync.
  6. Re-downloaded PC app and it still crashes every time we try to sync
  7. About to head back to Costco for refund.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SFBrown

Please get in touch with Fitbit Support directly at contact.fitbit.com or by calling (877) 623-4997 between the hours of 4am-9pm PST every day. 

Also, you can click on the link below in my signature and then select "let's talk" with a Fitbit representative.

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes
The problem is corrected. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes
 solved the issue by connecting the usb fitbit base in one port on my computer and the charge HR on other usb port on the computer. i open the dashboard on fitbit base and update from there. it worked 
Best Answer
0 Votes

I solved the issue by connecting the usb fitbit base in one port on my computer and the charge HR on other usb port on the computer. i open the dashboard on fitbit base and update from there. it worked 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried everything to update on my iPhone and I keep getting this error message!

FB Bluetooth Error Domain error 18

Somebody please help me!

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem!   Just happened today.

Best Answer

Hey fellow error 18 message, I've just been on the phone with fitbit. 

Remove your iphone fitbit app and reinstall.  Mine worked!

Good luck,

ChikN

Best Answer
I did and it worked!!  Thanks!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

brilliant. After agonising on whether I needed to get a new fit watch, problem solved!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Alan - you're a device saver!

Best Answer

@BlairHoltby

Your Welcome, glad it worked out for you. 

Community Council Member

>Contact
Best Answer

I reset my Alta Fitbit tracker and then it worked fine

Best Answer
0 Votes