Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 12.41.12 PM.png

Update 1/23/2018: Thanks again everyone for your reports on this error message when updating firmware or setting up your tracker. To resolve this issue, please forget your device in Bluetooth settings. For complete instructions, please check out @Dawn126's post here. We are currently working with our team to update the error message to include the solution.  

Update 10/31/2017: For those seeing this message while updating your tracker firmware, check out @Dawn126's post here on having Bluetooth forget your device. In addition, please check out this help article on troubleshooting firmware updates if you haven't already. 

Hi Everyone- We're currently investigating user reports of receiving the following error: FBBluetoothErrorDomain error 18 which prevents them from updating their firmware.

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
641 REPLIES 641

Mine as well, no clue how to get out of it, 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to Bluetooth on your phone and forget this device. Re install Fitbit app and device. Good luck!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks! ‘Forgetting’ the device, turning off Bluetooth, closing out of FitBit, Turning back on Bluetooth to complete the update worked.

Best Answer

Same here I have an explanation mark on my screen and it wi t do anything have you got yours working? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine too. I followed the suggestion to have it ‘forget’ the device in Bluetooth, turned off Bluetooth. Closed out of FitBit. Turned Bluetooth back on, then performed the update in FitBit & it finally finished. The exclamation point disappeared on the FitBit & progressed to a bar filling as the update finished.

Good luck!

Heidi
Heidi Olson Jones
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I’ve just done this and I think it’s working ok thanks for your help

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it is now do the steps in this thread and hope it will fix your too

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Welcome

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

All,

Go back a few messages to Dawns post. 

The one that talks about "forget your device"

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted FitBit via Live Chat and they told me to remove the device from
the FitBit app and from the Bluetooth setting on my phone. It worked!
--
- nicole*
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thankyou Sorted now 👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks again everyone for your reports. Our team is still reviewing, and I hope to have a resolution soon.  

As a workaround, check out @Dawn126's post here. In addition, please check out this help article if you haven't already. 

Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

It iwas taking more than 10 mins to do the update, so I closed my app. 

When I attempted the update I got the error message attached. 

I tried restarting my tracker and still no joy. 9B6028AC-F143-4ED9-AFD2-54D074ABA733.png

My Bluetooth also keeps disconnecting.

Help! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

The issue has resolved itself. The update resumed, I unpaired my tracker and when the update completed, my iPhone requested to pair with my Fitbit. 

👌🏾

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glad to hear mine too👍

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I did and it is working now thanks

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
I had to do I for a couple of times good luck

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I installed the app on my mac, and was able to update from there.

Best Answer
Call them again and state your case. It’s not your fault that it’s not working. Clearly there’s an issue with this update and they should have pulled it as soon as they saw the number of people having problems.

- Louise
Best Answer
Glad you got it to work

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer