Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stopped seeing notifications after updating to iOS 13

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We are aware of an issue preventing some users from receiving notifications on their iPhone after updating to iOS 13. If you're having trouble receiving notifications and you updated your iPhone or iPad to iOS 13, follow the steps in this article, which are also documented below:

1. GET UP-TO-DATE

1. Update the Fitbit app.
  2. Make sure you installed the latest version of iOS. Tap Settings > General > Software update to see if an update is available.

2. CHECK YOUR BLUETOOTH SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings > Bluetooth.
  2. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device.
  3. Turn Share System Notifications off and then back on. If you don't see the Share System Notifications option:
    1. Restart your Fitbit device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
    2. Tap Allow when you receive a message on your iPhone or iPad asking if you want your Fitbit device to show notifications.
    3. Tap the information icon 

next to the name of your Fitbit device
    4. Turn on Share System Notifications.

3. CHECK YOUR NOTIFICATION SETTINGS

1. Tap Settings in the top-left to return to the Settings page > Notifications.
  2.  Make sure Show Previews is set to Always or When Unlocked.
  3. Verify the settings for each app that sends notifications:
App Settings
Calendar
  • Allow Notifications—On
  • Tap each notification type and verify the settings:
    • Alerts > Notification Center—On
    • Show Previews—Always or When Unlocked
Phone
  • Allow Notifications—On
All other apps
  • Allow Notifications—On

4. RESTART YOUR PHONE

For instructions, see the Apple help article.

If these steps do not resolve the issue for you, please keep your app up to date, and watch this thread for new information. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience while our team works to address this.

Best Answer
3,760 REPLIES 3,760

Agreed - the ONLY reason I went with fitbit over Apple watch is for the sleep tracking - and now that fitbit screwed up my Withings scale syncing and can’t figure out how to fix it keeping my ionic is even less appealing - I need to be notified when I get texts so if they don’t fix this quickly they will have lost me as a customer

Best Answer

Notifications, Fitbit app, allow notifications when unlocked. This did it for me - charge 3 & iPhone XS.  Bluetooth setting already had the share system notification enabled for the Charge 3.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Would have been nice to know BEFORE I downloaded ios13...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry - that’s not right.  It’s Notifications, Fitbit app, “Show Previews AlwAys”

Best Answer
0 Votes

Also make sure you’re restarting your phone before trying to pair your device again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If it works that way then I’m guessing that they won’t fix it as Fitbit has NO respect to privacy - if they did they would allow the Fitbit to buzz you for notifications without automatically showing it on the screen for everyone to read...

Best Answer

Fitbit no longer shows notifications with the new iPhone update... do we know why or when this may be fixed??  I have the Fitbit versa

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I updated Fitbit on September 20 2019 I don't receive any notifications from WhatsApp. I have followed all the usual steps to fix this but nothing has worked. The usual "notifications on" setting on the fitbit device is now gone too on the new update. How do I fix this?  

Best Answer

Having the same issue with my versa... no notifications... super frustrating 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you fix yours? Mine still doesn’t work and I tried all the steps 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can switch from “always” to “when unlocked” and you should be able to get your notifications on your fitbit but won’t be able to read the text message until you unlock your phone (you won’t get the preview on the locked screen.

Also make sure your notification>alerts has the Notification Center “on” (with check mark). Otherwise it might not work

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have snapchat as an allowed notification app, and have had it for a long time, all of a sudden it has stopped giving me notifications. I have checked the Fitbit settings and snapchat settings, I've tried googling a solution but nothing seems to be working. Please help.

Best Answer

You can switch from “always” to “when unlocked” and you should be able to get your notifications on your fitbit but won’t be able to read the text message until you unlock your phone (you won’t get the preview on the locked screen.

Also make sure your notification>alerts has the Notification Center “on” (with check mark). Otherwise it might not work

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for responding. Unfortunately I have done those steps in settings and still don’t receive them.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Not on my phone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Following. I am having the SAME issue, and was googling for a solution as well. I have restarted my phone, and even unchecked and then rechecked Snap notifications in my FitBit app, to try and get them working again. (Update: I deleted the device from my app, Did a hard reset to factory, and set it back up as a new device. Started over new, and now it's back on, and updated, etc. Still not working!!)

Best Answer
Yes it did, finally thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bummer @lalex 

I’m very sorry. You can try and call Fitbit Customer Service but with all the thread filled with the same problem it might be an issue they are aware of and trying to fix. But..... It wouldn’t hurt to call and find out so to can be sure. I’m really sorry I wasn’t able to assist you any further. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue too I can't get any text messages I get notifications when some one calls but not text 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you change it ? I couldn’t get it to do anything 😢

Best Answer
0 Votes