Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syncing issues after update

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to see how many of us are in this community. They can't lie to us all about this in a single thread of people still having this same issue.

At this point it's ridiculous. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
639 REPLIES 639
They have sent me a new one so let's see what happens when it arrives

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

So here's my update and the fix that worked for me.

Mine broke along with everyone else's with the Aug 15th update. I've been able to fix the sync, temporarily, by rebooting my Versa and my phone. That will usually allow it sync at least for an hour or three.

On Thursday I finally got some free time to try to fix it. 

1 - Make sure your fitbit is fully charged as this will take a bit and will most likely drain a considerable portion of the battery. 

2 - Remove the fitbit from your app/profile

3 - Remove the app from your phone/tablet, etc

4 - Force your phone to forget the device in your list of bluetooth devices.

5 - Factory reset your fitbit device.

6 - Reinstall the app, login etc.

7 - Setup the fitbit as a new device.

In my case this it looked almost like it re-loaded the firmware onto my versa, version # was the same.

I did this on Thursday and as of Saturday night I have not had any syncing issues since doing all of this. My best guess is that the app update broke something within the firmware of the device or maybe even did some type of incremental update to the firmware that corrupted it slightly. Factory reset appears to essentially put the fitbit into a low-level mode that the app uses to do a full load of the most recent firmware.

Best Answer
I did the same... it worked for a few days, and then... back to the
inital issue

As an alternative, I installed the Win10 app on my laptop. There the
sync is smooth
Best Answer
If you do this do you not lose all your data?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I appreciate the help but I just looked and my phone already has all of those options the way you described they should be, although I still have the sync issue. Just letting you know so the software people have good information.

Best Answer

I had the same problem and called customer support. 

1. Hold the button down on your Fitbit to restart it. 

2. Unpair any other devices from your phone

3. Check your app. If it's not already synched, refresh it and you should be good to go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. I'm guessing it will be delivered next week. After 3 months of problems they're sending a new device. Of course, they offered me half off a new one. Would have been ok if I still had faith in their tech. I don't. 

Best Answer

Well I tried it (again), deleting everything, factory settings, reinstalling and finally it worked (for now).

Best Answer
Did you hold the button down on your Fitbit until it turned off?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unpair any other device?

So we can't have our phone paired with anything else but the fitbit?

That's hardly convenient.

Best Answer
Unpair all other devices to sync the Fitbit. I assume you can add any devices back on afterwards 

Best Answer

Hope so.

At least it's easy to try that. I dare not unpair my fitbit after the number of people who say they can't get it back.

Best Answer
I had the exact same issues that everybody else on here has and it worked for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yeah, tried that, still not syncing correctly. It shows steps and calories, but not historically, and no cardio/exercise or sleep stats.
Best Answer

I am having the same problem! I had NO ISSUES until the new and "improved" version was foisted upon us. It is not accurate and takes forever to sync, even though I went into my settings and turned on all day sync. I am frustrated. This "improvement" is NOT!! I am not so happy with my device nor the app on my phone since the update. 🤨😠

Best Answer

I agree. very frustrated 

Best Answer

Sick of it

Best Answer

I couldnt agree more - ever since the "New" app and firmware upgrade my device has gone from being rock solid to not working very sporadically. I have spoken to support who were less than helpful and just said there was a known problem with Android 9 and the latest app and they would report it to the devs. Not much use to the customer - so I have Charge three that is basically now an ornament. I have tried all the suggestions - and it gets it working for an hour or two and then fails. They have really messed up therir app or the firmware - but it is now broken. How this bunch stay in business is quite beyond me.

Best Answer

Just found this thread. I was having problems with my Fitbit Charge 2 after a recent update. Syncing would work for a while, maybe a day, but then I would have to resync the tracker. After some trial and error, I found that by downgrading the app to v2.95, I can now have a rock solid connection to me Fitbit again! FYI, my wife's Charge 2 started the same thing a couple days ago, I reinstalled v2.95 on her phone and everything works now. 

Best Answer
Just recieved my new one, let's see what happens with this one 

Best Answer