Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement screen for Charge 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Large crack in my Fitbit charge 2 , can I purchase a replacement glass.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
533 REPLIES 533

Contact Customer Support HERE.

C./B.;

Best Answer

@Courtillas Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! The hardened plastic screen isn't replaceable on the Charge 2. Like @SunsetRunner said you can contact our Support team for assistance. They will review your case and provide options. Just be aware that damaged caused by external factors aren't covered by Fitbit's warranty.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

I called customer service and let them know there was a long crease in the screen of my charge 2, less than 1 year old. I expected to hear that it was my problem and a scratch or crack was not their fault.  They had me take a photo and send it to them with a customer service number and now are sending me a free replacement!  What a great company, I could not be happier!  Thank you Fitibt!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply, I'm hoping for the same response.?

regards .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for sharing the information here. I also got the same issue on the screen of my fitbit charge 2. I have sent the e-mail to the customer service. Hoping for the better solution!!

Best Answer

I called them about the same issue when mine was about a month old, this was a year ago now)

Best Answer

Do you have a picture of what your fit bit looked like when damaged. Just wondering if it's the same as mine. Thanks 

Best Answer
It's a crack down the center. May be able to zoom in on the attached
Best Answer
I had to get the light just right so you could see the crack in the screen. As long as the Fitbit is under 1 year old they are really good about replacements. I don't have a picture, sorry.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

That’s wonderful news and reassuring. My Fitbit has developed a long crease down the middle too, which my heart sank at as I love my Fitbit.  Will give them a call!  So glad I read this as it’s given me hope! 🙏

Best Answer
I have been very impressed with Fitbit's service. The first Charge 2 I bought I paid a little less through an e-bay seller that said it was new. The fitbit burned my wrist!!!  I tried it 2 times and the same thing happened both times.  It was painful and caused a blister.  The seller refused to take it back, so in desperation I contacted Fitbit,  who graciously refunded my money and I bought a new one directly through them.  Then when the crease happened about 4 months after, a friend said to contact them.  I did and they asked for a picture, did a phone interview, and sent me a new one!!!  Amazing! I wish more companies where like them! Good luck with your return. 🙂
Best Answer

I wish they told me the same! They told me cracked screens are not covered by the warranty and I would need to buy a new one!! Unfortunately I cannot afford to pay another $150.00 plus for another one...

Best Answer

I had a similar problem to many others with my charge 2. I contacted support and they told me that since it is out of warranty the best they would do is offer me 25% a new fit bit product. With all of the products now available I’m going to probably reconsider and purchase a different (non fit bit) product. Very disappointing because the problem seems to be a design or quality issue that is prelevent 

Best Answer

I got the very same response today. My Fitbit still operates so I am not about to replace it until it no longer works but all I got was a 30 day 25% off. My crease is right down the middle too so I am suspecting a product defect.

Best Answer

I just contacted Fitbit's customer service and got offered the same 25% off. Why would I buy their products again if they are so fragile? I woke up with a small crack in the middle of the screen yesterday. Through the course of yesterday, last night and this morning, the crack is now all over my Fitbit and shattered from one end to the to the other. If they are expecting for it to track sleep and physical activity, how is it that one can wake up and have a crack on it? Too fragile.

Best Answer

My fitbit is about 18 months old so out of warranty.  I just noticed last week a crack down the screen.

I have no recollection of hitting or damaging the screen.  It just appeared overnight.

I'm extremely disappointed reading here about all the other cases of cracked screens and Fitbit

doesn't seem to think there is a design flaw and fix the problem.  Sounds like some bad

customer service!  25% of purchase of new equipment doesn't sound like a good resolution.

Best Answer

I had the same thing happen to mine. Not impressed!

Best Answer

Myself and three of my friend have Charge 2 fitbits and all of our screens now have a crack from top to bottom of the screens. Although i have contacted  fitbit help the standard response makes me believe they will not resolve my issue.

There is obviously a  problem with the screen and i would have thought they might have been keen to help in this competitive market, i know four people that will be buying from other manufactures in the future as i am not impressed with fitbit so far.

Best Answer
Don't expect anything. The only thing offered so far is a 25% off on another of their products. Mine was only about 13 months in and they only cover 12 months. It is a built in flaw.

Carol
Best Answer