Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introducing Charge 5 Firmware Release - Version 1.171.50

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

We’re excited to announce that a firmware update for Charge 5. Some of you might already have this update available. If you installed it, let us know what you think!

We release updates to customers in phases. If you don’t see it, check the Fitbit app in a few days, and you’ll see a message when you can install the update. We appreciate your patience while we get this update to all of our customers. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

See What's changed in the latest Fitbit device update? for release notes.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

See How do I update my Fitbit device? for step-by-step instructions for updating your Charge 5. If you run into difficulty updating, see Why can't I update my Fitbit device?

We’re interested in hearing your feedback on this update! Let us know what you like! If you encounter unexpected behavior during or after your update, please post the details below.

Best Answer
1,125 REPLIES 1,125

I turned off bluetooth, went into the app and forced stop and cleared data. I reboot the phone and while the phone was rebooting, I reboot the watch. Then I turned bluetooth back on, logged back into the app and it's still stuck. It was working fine before I went to bed last night and I woke up to this. I keep getting this "fix it" button that doesn't do anything but take me to a website that asks me to do the same thing. The watch itself is still showing stats from yesterday.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Drew-The-Geek I'm sorry those instructions didn't work for you. I can only suggest contacting customer support yourself to see if they have any other suggestions. I did have the same experience as you, having everything working fine when I went to bed but unable to sync after the update notification arrived while I was asleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest update has made the weight tracking much more difficult to view. The option to view the graph in landscape mode is no longer there. When trying to view all data, more than 5 years, is all but unusable in portrait mode. Please enable the option to view the graphs in landscape mode. 

Best Answer

This is pretty standard for FitBit. They do something that breaks things and then just assume that it's a problem on our end that requires multiple steps to fix. I feel like I should be going up up down down BA select start and crossing my fingers and hoping it works. I tried deleting the watch and re-adding it and it comes back and asks me to turn on bluetooth which is already on. The thing is junk and I'm never buying another fitbit device again.

Best Answer
After numerous problems although my phone can find my device, Bluetooth is
working, the app says “found it” to reinstall the device—- it won’t
continue and just errors out. I finally had them convinced the watch was
ruined snd needed replacement. Hours of my time. Today I am mailing it
back for a replacement. Hopefully this one works longer than 4 months.
Best Answer

This is NOT the best answer. 

it completely ignores every report here that these steps do not work. 

and that the issue is bigger than FITBIT are willing to accept or acknowledge. 

Fitbit as a company need to grow up and take some responsibility instead of hiding under a rock hoping the issue goes away. 

it isn’t and we aren’t either!

Best Answer

Other than losing my alarms and the order of my shortcuts, none of the reset steps did anything for me.... Not surprised as prior to that I did the the new "find my phone" functionality....the issue was, and still is, that there is no new clock face although the release notes suggest there is. 

Is there any chance someone copy and pasted the release notes of the last update (that one did have a new clock face, one that was like all the rest, rubbish) and forgot to delete the bit about clock faces?... If there is indeed a new clock face, why can't someone at Fitbit post a simple picture of the kind of face we should be seeing? Maybe we're overlooking it.

Best Answer

Exactly the same for me. 

This is a picture Boots is using to sell the Fitbit so I assume this is one of the watch faces that we are meant to have, but no body does.

Screenshot_20220724-184511_Chrome.jpg

Best Answer

After reading the comments I will not be installing the firmware update. Is there a way to delete the notification?

colleen

Best Answer
Yes just got off the phone with them for the 4th time and they are finally
sending me a shipping label to send it back. I just hope I get my new
fitbit before I leave for vacation the middle of august
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am replacing two Inspire HR’s and just purchased two Charge 5’s. Haven’t opened the boxes yet because of the issues people are reporting with the new firmware release. When do you anticipate there will be a fix for the release related issues?

Best Answer

I am just being curious. Can anyone report back that this firmware update has worked ok? Like only the people with troubles post here likely.

Aria, Charge 5, and Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite (Android One) user.
Best Answer

Firmware update worked fine for me. 

No new clock faces though. 

Best Answer

I was able to get my Charge 5 "unfrozen" by doing the 3-second reset and restarting.  The update did have to finish, I couldn't cancel out of it, but it did sync my last few days (last update was Sunday).  I'm watching the battery level to see how that maintains.  It was 100% charged when it started working again and see how things go from here

Best Answer

I have updated the firmware and after 1 day, I've not noticed any issues other than the missing clock face.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, thank you for all the details that you've shared about the new clock faces not showing up in the gallery after the update. I've shared this information with the team so they can look into it. I appreciate all the reports provided about this and more information will be shared as soon as it's available. 

If you're having any problem with the battery even after you've completed the update successfully, please make sure to follow all the steps mentioned here earlier. If you continue to have the same problem, please get in touch with out Customer Support team as soon as possible so they can let you know about the next steps. 

Some people have also mentioned having trouble with the display after the update. There are some steps that are usually helpful with any display issues: 

1. Complete the 3 pulse restart procedure method using the charging cable.
  2. Please sync your device in the Fitbit app. 
  3. If you  can't sync:
    • Remove the device in the Fitbit app.
    • Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
    • Set up the device again.
  4. If it's still unresponsive, please try changing the clock face as well and check if you're able to see anything on the display. 

If you're still having the same problem after these steps, I do recommend that you continue the communication with the Support team so they can let you know how to proceed. 

Also, as it was mentioned earlier in the thread, if you're having any problem to complete the update for any reason or if you're receiving any type of error message, please refer to the steps shared in this article as well: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

Please know that all the feedback provided about the update so far is greatly appreciated. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried all this because it's standard FitBit procedure. There is nothing new here. I did do some investigating and I think the problem is with the app not the watch. During my attempt to re-add the device to my account, the app would find the watch immediately and then push out a code to pair with Bluetooth. Then it just sits there and eventually comes back and tells me that it can't communicate with the watch. So, I tried again, and yes, I tried the "pulse" method to reset the watch. Still was getting nothing at all. Then I tried something new.

When the fitbit watch is actually added to the phone, you can go in the phones bluetooth settings (android phone) and see the device there, as long as the app is in what I call "attempting to pair mode" you can click on the watch in the Bluetooth settings and a little box will pop up (box NEVER popped up before) to authorize the pairing. Once I hit that, I managed to get to the next screen. There I skipped the update and it finally linked back up and appears to be synchronizing correctly. My suggestion would be to re-do the bluetooth system so that the Fitbit app isn't needed to pair the watch with the phone.

I'm still buying a Garmin vívosmart® 5 to solve these constant failures with Fitbit.

Best Answer

Right, I spent all morning recharging it, took a nap at lunchtime, and the battery is at 0%. It was perfectly fine before the update. 

Best Answer
So happy for you. They need to replace ALL Charge 5 ruined with the Update.
I got my label last night and shipped it off today. Hopefully it does not
take long and the new one works as advertised.
Best Answer

Very poorly handled by Fitbit. They should take responsibility and recall all defective units.

------------

I have updated my Charge 5. Previously it did not sync as it should, Bluetooth did not work. After the update EVERYTHING works! It syncs fast! Bluetooth works! It has used 10% of the battery in 24 hours. FINALLY it's better than the Charge 4. 

Best Answer