Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify for Versa Smartwatches

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If the Versa had Spotify I would be the first in line to buy one. Is Fitbit looking into partnering with Spotify? If not, why not?

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
263 REPLIES 263

When will Fitbit release Spotify app to Versa user?

It is a good news for users to use Versa to control Spotify music.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @YY2018  No one even knows if they ever will. It is not something Fitbit discusses.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I have a nine month old Fitbit Versa Special edition. I see several articles saying now Spotify is available on Versa including the following one.

https://support.spotify.com/is/listen_everywhere/smart_watches/fitbit/

However, when I look for Spoify app on the Fitbit app on my Adnroid phone I cannot find it. I only see the some third party developer's "Spotify HR" app which I am not interested in. I want to get the real Spotify app on my Versa.

I have been waiting for so long to get Spotify on my Versa device. Spotify is way more popular than Deezer in this region (Australia/NZ). 

Can you please let me know why still Spotify is not listed in the apps page?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @kushil Tje spotify app will NOT give you spotify on your watch. It gives you the ability to control spotify on your phone.  However I dont know any more about it so cant help you find it, sorry.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

The Fitbit Spotify app is now available on the Versa 2.  I believe it is also coming to other models, including original Versa, but I don't know how soon that will happen.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Hello, 

Will the Spotify app be available for Versa? (not Versa 2)

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes if you pay for Spotify premium you can have it on your versa 2et cetera
LHHolmes
Best Answer
0 Votes

This can't be correct,

you can control music all ready with the music controls on the watch now. why use the spotify app for what the built in app can do. what we need to to download my spotify play list to the watch.

Mark

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I know that it is available for Versa 2, but I cannot see it listed in the apps available to install on my Versa. That is why I wonder if it will be available for Versa as well or only for Versa 2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It didn't appear in the apps list on my Versa device last weekend, but it does appear now (perhaps I was missing some device update?), so I finally managed to install it 😄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Update: 10/17/19

Hi Versa Smartwatches family! 🙂

The Spotify app is now available on all Fitbit watches. To install the Spotify app, update your Fitbit device to the latest firmware (version 68.9.15). If the update isn’t available to you yet, please check back soon. 

The Spotify app allows you to control the music playing on the Spotify app on your phone, computer, or other Spotify Connect devices, and to like songs and switch between playlists. The Spotify app on your Fitbit device doesn’t support offline music playback. 

For step by step instructions to update your Fitbit device, please visit this help article: 

Please also see our help articles for information about installing and managing apps on your Fitbit device: 

We're happy to have Spotify available for all Fitbit watches and hope you enjoy using it! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I just bought the Versa 2, I have confirmed I'm on the latest update (or at least the update mentioned in your comment) I have signed into my Spotify account on my Fitbit app and agreed to all terms and conditions yet I am still unable to use Spotify, I get the same message everytime when trying to connect, "Make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on, then sync your device using the Fitbit mobile app" My bluetooth is on and I've synced my Fitbit multiple times now, any suggestions?

Best Answer

Is there a way to remove Spotify from my Versa 2?  Or reorder the shortcut icons?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi have you managed to resolve the issue as I'm having the same problem

Best Answer
I switched to galaxy watch
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, unfortunately I do not have a secret fix, I waited 24 hours and then it
worked for me. Not sure if that was necessary but you may want to try that
as well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Will do thanks

Sent from Sky Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Jax,

Unfortunately I do not have a secret fix but my Spotify app did eventually work, I believe I gave up and then opened Spotify on my Fitbit 24 hours later and it just worked. This may help you as well, but no guarantee. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My versa has not  been cleared to install Fitbit OS 4.0.2 (Firmware Version: 68.9.15). When will it be available? It says that it is available for all watches but its not true.

Best Answer

So how far away can the phone be from the watch

Best Answer
0 Votes