Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.1.3 Firmware Update (70.80.0)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Update: 5/27

Hey, everyone!

I'm happy to announce that Fitbit OS 4.1.3 was released to all users. If you haven't already please make sure you update to the newest software for your Versa Smartwatch. It's important to always have the watch on the newest software version so that it runs smoothly along with the Fitbit app

If you have any difficulty updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips.

Hi, Versa Smartwatches Family! 

We’re excited to announce the release of Fitbit OS 4.1.3. available for Versa, Versa Lite, and Versa 2. 

We started releasing this new update to customers. This is a progressive rollout which means everyone will receive it at different stages. We roll out releases in phases as a cautionary measure so that we can monitor performance closely and make adjustments if needed. 

*Firmware releases aren't distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. 

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Read our help article for the latest updates.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Find step-by-step instructions for updating Versa smartwatch here

If you run into any trouble updating your Fitbit device, review these troubleshooting tips. If you have issues after completing the update, try restarting the watch. 

VERSA LITE users - If you have trouble updating the firmware:

Follow the steps in this help article where we outline troubleshooting steps just for Versa Lite. 

We appreciate your patience while we work to roll this out to everyone. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
258 REPLIES 258

Hi @AngryToddler , unfortunately there is no way to downgrade to the former version. Sorry to read you have these problems. Erik

Best Answer

The same thing happened me today with my Versa! This is ridiculous!

Best Answer
May have found a solution to the inaccuracy of pace and distance tracking. I changed my battery settings to "high performance" and turns out my fitbit tracked correctly. Worth a try!

Sent from my Bell Samsung device over Canada's largest network.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Their blocking me from replying offering 25% my fitbit only a year old 200 dollars down the drain.

Best Answer

Same. My Versa 2 is dead. Only logo showing.

Best Answer

I just tried the update and after a few minutes saw that versa 2 screen was blank (not showing fitbit icon) so I put it on charger and now it wont turn on, update or charge. I've had this versa 2 for 2 weeks. Please help

Best Answer

So sorry my fitbit started failing instantly after update and customer service offered me 25% off on a new one because they can not help. Ridiculous and disheartening 3rd fitbit.

Best Answer

Why has fitbit released an update that has broken so many peoples devices?

Best Answer

I doubt this update was ever tested on a real device by FitBit. Otherwise the impact of this faulty Firmware release would be discovered within minutes. It seems Fitbit has a big big problem with quality assurance. I am FitBit Customer since only 10 Days now (and no day longer). This was the most disappointing experience ever.

Also the replies in here are very disappointing (try to restart, see the FAQ), this ist just ridiculous. Instead they should apologize and explain what they are doing to get this disaster fixed as soon as possible.

Best Answer

I just purchase a Versa 2, Firmware Version 35.68.9.15, and I cannot update. I am using an iphone with the latest version 13.05 and feel left out due to issues. I need to put the Agenda on my Fitbit but it will not allow it due to my Versa 2 not being up to date.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Retiredmseop , see message on top of the Customer Support page about the Fitbit app and the latest iOS update. Erik

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply, I did read it and maybe I am lucky that I have not been able to update. I have been reading issue many others are having, after the update.

Best Answer

Hi @Molly51 , it's really terrible to read that so many members encounter such problems with the new update. The fact in this case: who is to blame? I ask this cause I own Fitbit's since 2015, did all the suggested updates and never, really never encountered a problem at all. Am I just a lucky guy? Cannot believe that, it's too coincidental. I still have all my data since my first Fitbit, the Surge. When I perform an update I always make sure the following things: 1. Have a Fitbit CF and not a third party one, which I usually use; 2. Connect my Versa to my PC by putting it into the charger and 3. Activate my WiFi before updating, cause this is way much faster than via BT. The last update only lasted 6 minutes to complete. Erik 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You too they just don't want the truth being said to their whole community. Good customer service would be fantastic but it's only a matter of time before its Fitbit who..

Best Answer

Hi @Ibi54 , sorry to say it, but now you're talking nonsense. I shared my own experience with the Fitbit updates and also mentioned that I recognized the problem that other members encountered with it. So, I just shared my opinion about updates of Fitbit Firmware and that I never encountered problems with it, ever since the Surge. I do not deny that others have problems, but do not know/understand why that happens. All in all, read carefully before you answer a post. Erik

Best Answer
0 Votes
If your fitbit is working congratulations seems your the only person. We are so happy for you. This my third fitbit sorry to say all failed after new releases. In addition I have received no help but a percentage off a new fitbit again...If you would like to sensor me as well try it..

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Hi @Ibi54 , read my suggestions to the one you responded too. Erik

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't apply but thanks!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

While there users who have no issues with updating their firmware updates they are the lucky ones, on the flip side there are unfortunately users who experience a multitude of issues from devices being bricked to having them perform in a subpar manner and not as advertised.   This would apply to both the Versa family as well as Ionics.   These users have posted their experiences and frustrations and rightly so on the Forum as well as other social media outlets. 

These issues are nothing new with these firmware updates as it has been happening to some degree since July 2019.  With each firmware update having the same major issues.  What is the development team doing with the information passed from the moderators about these issues?  Are these updates accurately tested with older as well as newer hardware?  Doesn't seem so with all the issues that have been rolled out.

Both of my friends devices, one the original Versa and the other an Ionic.  They both had perfectly functional devices.  They also performed the April firmware update as outlined by Erik's post, yet both incurred major issues.  My friend's Versa was bricked after performing a factory reset per the instruction by Customer Support.  They noted  since all the troubleshooting was exhausted it was now defective.  Since the device was out of warranty, my friend was offered a 25% discount off a new device.  She declined and went with a Garmin and will no longer recommend Fitbit.  My friend's Ionic isn't functional and also out of warranty.  He's exploring other brands as he is done with Fitbit.  Both of them were long time Fitbit users.

Again, users should have the option to do the firmware update.  Especially,  if their device is working fine with the current firmware and they are out of warranty.  What's the point of updating to the most current firmware with all these so called enhancements if you loose the functionality of your device? 

Best Answer

Same. I tried the firmware update on my versa (less than 12 months old) and it didn't fully update and is now showing only the logo. All the advice for resetting/rebooting etc undertaken and nothing. Luckily I still have my old faithful charge2. Its charged now and up and running. Loved my versa. Just waiting on customer service to get back to me.

Best Answer