Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa Smartwatches - Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 9/3/2020: This update should now be available to all customers. If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in this article, and then provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist.

We've started rolling out Fitbit OS 4.2 Firmware Update (71.6.19) for the Versa series.

We release firmware updates to all customers in phases. The update will be available to everyone soon, and a banner will appear in the app when you can install the update. If you don’t see the banner yet, check the app again later.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Versa device can be found here.

We recommend updating your Versa over a home Wi-Fi network as this can greatly reduce the time it can take to get set up. For more information on connecting your Versa to Wi-Fi, check out this article

If you run into any trouble updating your Versa I recommend reviewing these troubleshooting tips

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
577 REPLIES 577

Started synching today, after 11 days unsynchable. I'd gotten used to adding an hour and forty-five minutes to the time, and I was shocked at how late it had gotten before I realized it was showing the correct time. I'd gone hiking to a cabin in the woods -- I had my phone off overnight and in airplane mode (for pictures) until the early afternoon, when I reconnected. So, maybe the phone just needed a very long time offline?

Best Answer

Hello,

After the last update, I keep getting HR readings in the app, while my Versa 2 is charging (e.g. 134, 98, different high values), when not on my wrist and also when I turn off my HR sensor. Also, after a few days like this, I got a spike in resting HR from 69-70 to 75 (probably as a result of those misreadings).

Did anyone experience something similar? What is the solution?

Thanks.

Diana

These errors are happening for 7 days everyday already!!! I learn how not to trust Fitbit anymore... Sadly.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem as @irenemcmack versa2 has stopped working, had the Fitbit logo on the screen, would come up occasionally but now nothing. Have done a reset by holding the button, nothing. Nothing when I plug it into the charger, no vibrations. Fitbit app states can’t find Fitbit. 

Best Answer
Same here really upset about it , its now got to the point my sleep is
affected very badly loved my versa did all I wanted it to and then the
dreaded update spoiled everything!!!!!!!
Best Answer

I have read a lot of folks having issues with the latest updates 

Just wanted to give advice whenever I have a notice that an update I available on any of my devices be it Fitbit, phone etc I will always wait approx 5 days to download and update it gives it time to iron out any "kinks" that can occur with any new update make sure, your device is, fully charged get it as near to wifi hub keep the page open as it's downloading.... Remember you don't have to update, the minute it's released I hope this helps... This is just my personal rule and all my updates have gone smoothly 

If you are happy with how your fitbit is operating then wait do research 

Good luck 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa Lite will not sync for days at a time now. I never had this issue until after I did the update. The screen will also not wake when I turn it to my face or double tap it as it did before. It also does not swipe between the statistics on the home screen now. 

Best Answer

I got the same response. Just the coupon and an apology that there’s nothing they can do. Guess I’ll be replacing with an Apple Watch. 
I didn’t want a free Fitbit. I just wanted real customer service and a real resolution to this issue. I liked my Versa Lite a lot. But after this I’ll never be a Fitbit customer again. 

Best Answer
same here I knew I was out of warranty and this one was the replacement for
another but it was not even a year old I too loved my versa and until the
update it worked perfectly , I wish they could do a firmware removal 😞
Best Answer

Since doing this update my versa doesn't sync automatically.   I also have trouble charging my versa.  This is not the first time an update has caused this type of problem.  I think its time for a different tracker!

Best Answer
Hi everyone! 

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experiences with the latest firmware update. I wanted to let you know that your voices have been heard and your feedback has been forwarded to our team. 

We've noticed that some of you have different issues with your Versa smartwatches after the update so if you're still running into any issue with your watch, you can try the suggested steps listed below before checking with our team:

• HOW DO I UPDATE?
  • Find step-by-step instructions for updating your Versa smartwatch here
  • If you run into any trouble updating your Versa, review these troubleshooting tips
  • If you're having syncing issues with your Fitbit. Please try these steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? If the steps don't work, you can attempt the factory reset on your Fitbit. Remember to remove your watch first from the Fitbit app and from the Bluetooth settings on your phone.
  • If you've noticed issues with the battery of your Fitbit, please try these steps before checking with our support team: Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? or Can I extend my Fitbit device's battery life?
  • If you have issues with your AZM, see this post.
  • If the screen of your watch isn't responding to swipes or it's not turning on, but it seems to be still syncing:
 -  Switch to a Fitbit clock face if you're using a third party clock face: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device? 
-  Please confirm if you've restarted your device by following the steps from this help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

For the ones who are still working with our Support Team I'd suggest to keep your conversation with them since they will tell you what's the next step to take and what your options are.

If you've been offered a discount, thanks for your question about why we offered a discount towards a new Fitbit product instead of a replacement of your existing Fitbit product. Our limited warranty provides repair or replacement of products that have a defect while still in the warranty period. Your device is out of the warranty period, and therefore is not eligible for repair or replacement, but we want to offer you a discount to thank you for your loyalty to Fitbit.

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty.

We thank you for being a customer and hope that the discount will help keep you in the Fitbit family. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the firmware update and it changed my screen to the background/face I had 3 backgrounds ago (maybe 3 months ago). It will not let me change my background now. I can change it to the 5 that are saved on my versa watch face screen but nothing else. It will act like it's loading in the app and the gray dots will show on the watch but then the same face stays. Please help. I have already reset my watch ,my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, u synced my watch from both the app and bluetooth and reinstalled. Idk what to do?!?!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, have done everything suggested again and still the same ,it does not
measure my heartbeat , I can no longer use my watch to pay and I still have
no stats on app.

Susan .
Best Answer
0 Votes

I received my Versa 2 today and think I updated everything but version is 70.7.14. I have the latest iOS version of the app (3.30) and firmware version seems to be 35.70.714.

How can I get the 4.2 update? I don't see any red update button in the app.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Think you have apple phone and don't know what that would be
Best Answer
0 Votes

@mathieucote -

I believe you will find that a new device will load the latest fully rolled-out firmware version and then queue you up to the next release, even if it is already being rolled out.

The same thing happened to me with a warranty replacement and has to others with either new devices or warranty replacements.

That is the release that was first loaded to my newest device. The firmware version that is apparently in the last stages of rollout is 71.6.19 - the "35" at the beginning tells you it is for the "Versa 2".

Welcome the boards.

RETIRED Enterprise Computing / "IT Guy" - Southern California - Marine Staff Sergeant 1970-78
Apple Watch 6 - iPhone 8 (iOS 16.6) - FitBit app 3.87 - MacBook Air (macOS Catalina)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Why do you want to update to latest firmware? Have you read any of the previous 5 pages of people having their Versa’s bricked because of the update. Trust me stay at that until FitBit release a fix. 

Best Answer

My fitbit versa2 will not sync since the newest update😒...please help

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am afraid you are one of many , suggest you try the suggestions on the
forum which many have done but has not worked , mine is still the same as
it was after the update done many restarts and resets .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Auto wake doesnt work, display disappears after about 1 second some of the time... i guess im not the only one but how did a release this screwed up get out in the wild?

I thought i was updating to support my "premium" subsricption update, oops... 

Please find a patch soon b4 this goes into my recycle bin.  A screwed up update like this, then giving google my health information soon?  

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Versa 1 had issues with the firmware update they released at the end of
June, it basically killed my fitbit. It would randomly shut off and get
stuck in a boot loop. So I put it on the charger and then it would die the
second you took it off the charger even if it was supposedly fully charged.
I tried doing a factory reset and that still didn't fix the issue. I
decided to just leave it on my nightstand for several days (not on the
charger) to let it fully die and try resetting it again later. That worked
well. Then when the next firmware update came out in August, my Versa 1
worked fine for about a week then started having similar problems as the
previous update where it would shut off for no reason and not turn back on.
I tried the same approach, left it on my nightstand for about a week to
fully die then plugged it back into the charger and did another factory
reset. It has been working fine now for about a month, knock on wood. I do
however think it's BS that they would release two awful firmware updates in
a row that caused so many issues for Versa 1 and 2 users. It's convenient
that they're coming out with new products (Versa 3 and Sense) but their 35%
off coupon code they give you DOESN'T apply to those newest models 🙄
Best Answer