Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Versa stopped receiving notifications from Android phone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Versa stopped receiving notifications a few days ago. I've done a lot of troubleshooting and it still won't receive notifications. It's not even receiving the test call notification. It's still paired to my phone and syncing with the app but I'm not receiving notifications on my Versa. I don't know what else to do.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
178 REPLIES 178
When you go inside your fitbit app. At the top of the screen it tells you what the firmware version is. That is likely the number

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes
That is the version I have also...getting really tired of messing with
this! I FINALLY got it to work, lasted 2 days...over it
Best Answer
0 Votes

@pam120800 what Android OS do you have/phone? Not sure why you are not seeing that app very in the play store, but might be related to your phone/OS version. 

(Thinking back to the Pokemon Go crisis on launch when not all Androids could download/see the latest app ver)

Android User - Pixel 4a5g - Android ver 12, Fitbit app ver 3.64 (36419051), Versa 2 firmware ver 35.72.1.19
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have a Pixel 5 running Android 12.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did finally find a different version number. I had to go into the Fitbit app, click on my
profile icon in the top left corner, then go to Help & Support. Then the
app version is at the top of the screen. It shows Version 3.64
(36419051), a completely different version number than what is shown in
Google Play Store or in the app details in my phone settings, which both
show Version 3.64.5.fitbit-mobile-36419051-462553406. That isn't confusing
at all. 🙄

Best Answer

I had to look that up, too. Go into "settings" on the Versa 2, then tap on "About", then scroll to the bottom. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think I know why I cannot see a Fitbit app ver 35.72.1.19. I have Fitbit Premium. Is that the version difference?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@pam120800 -this was partially my mistake. The app ver is 

Screenshot_20220813-122039.png

The Firmware version is 

Screenshot_20220813-121810.png

If the app and firmware match- you should be good to test the shut down device, uninstall/reinstall app, set all permissions to allow, turn device on fix. 

If it doesn't work tho, remember this is just a workaround for the moment as Fitbit has not fully fixed the issue.

Android User - Pixel 4a5g - Android ver 12, Fitbit app ver 3.64 (36419051), Versa 2 firmware ver 35.72.1.19
Best Answer

Yay, this worked. I had to look up how to turn off my Versa 2, but I now have all my functions back. Thanks so much for helping. Woo-hoo! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not buying another Fibit. This happened to me too... Nothing I do fixes it. Actually, wait... I know something that'll fix it... A trash compactor! 

Best Answer

I've tried all trouble shooting options and nothing works. When will this update be fixed?

Best Answer
All I know is, it works for a day or two and then back to the BS. Tired of
Uninstalling, etc... I might as well just toss in garbage!
Best Answer
This is driving me nuts! I want my notifications back!

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer

How did you get it to start back working?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can confirm this worked for me with my Note 20 Ultra. 😊 

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all, it would seem from the good feedback of people in the forums that those who can install the Fitbit App 3.65 version can resolve the not getting notifications problem in the previous release.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
I've got that version and it's not working for me.Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Jammy2399- can you start a separate thread as you now may have an issue particular to you, if it's not something simple like Sleep or Do not disturb got enabled, or the phone and watch have not been restarted recently.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That worked!! Thank you!

Best Answer

Thanks  that worked for me. Updated the app and receiving notifications again! 

Best Answer