Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Logging syncs incorrect amount to app (RESOLVED)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After installing the latest firmware update, whenever I log 8 oz. on my watch, it syncs to my mobile device as 0.27 oz.  Moreover, when I log 4 oz. and 12 oz., it syncs as 0.14 oz. and 0.41 oz., respectively.  There's definitely a bug in there!

Moderator edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
187 REPLIES 187

Fitbit Update: 1/29/2020

Hi everyone,

We're happy to announce that this water logging issue with incorrect amounts syncing has been resolved. Please download the latest watch app version(70.7.21). Go into the Apps gallery and find the "Today" app and you'll see the update option. Read instructions here: How do I update apps on my fitbit watch? 

Thanks for your patience while we deployed a fix! Your cooperation is always appreciated. 

Fitbit Update: 12/19

Hi all,

Thanks for your reports of this water logging issue converting oz to ml, or the incorrect amount of water syncing over to the Fitbit app. 

If you come across this issue, I recommend deleting the incorrect entries and re-adding them directly to the mobile app. If you need steps for how to log water in the app, please check this article out: How do I track my water intake in the fitbit app? 

Our team is aware of this water logging bug and we will continue to monitor reports. We may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep them informed of the impact to you all. When we have an update for a fix, we'll announce it here so subscribe to this thread! 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Water logged on my Versa 2 is still not syncing with the Fitbit app on my iPhone  and vice-versa( no pun intended:)) water logged on the app is not showing up on my watch either even with the new update.  

Also, it will be nice if the watch recorded the amount logged cumulatively as it does in the app.

Best Answer

If you log on the watch its using millilitres. The closest conversion you log 946.9 to get 31.99 Fl Oz. Just use the app it syncs normally. I'm sure they'll resolve it soon.

Best Answer

My Versa 2 at first was having issues with the conversion but the watch was communicating with my phone in regards to water input. Now it’s not communicating water at all which is very frustrating. On top of which, it’s not saving any water I input in the watch. I’ll input 32oz and it will initially confirm it but when I leave and come back it will be at 0oz. I’ve reset, shut down, deleted, disconnected, and tried pretty much everything else I could think of but so far nothing has worked. 

Best Answer

Just adding a plug to fix the issue.  I am also experiencing the conversion bug.  I enter 10oz on my new Versa 2 watch(latest firmware and ios software) and it converts it to .3oz in the log.  If I enter 296oz, it shows as 10oz in the log.  Thanks.

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I type in 8 fl oz into the versa 2 and the app records it as .27 oz. Clearly the phone thinks I'm typing in ml and is converting my input into oz.

Best Answer

I just bought the device and I'm having multiple problems this is very discouraging. All you can suggest is use the app. If we wanted to use our phone we would not have bought a fitness devic. this is not a professional response. Please advise when you expect a fix for this seemingly simple solution. 

Thank you

Best Answer

Having the same issue with water logging but also weight.  I find that your tech team can't solve this issue immediately.  For a device that costs $200, this should never have been an issue.  Validate your firmware updates on all of your devices before pushing them out.

Best Answer

Sorry but this is a major issue.  Whole point of the device is to be able to log stuff without having to go on the app.  Issues with weight entries also.  And sleep info doesn't appear on the watch for quite a while after sync despite the data appearing in the app.  Fitbit, seriously get your act together.  No firmware update should ever disable or cause disfunction if you properly validate updates before pushing them out 

Best Answer

The watch has issues with water, weight and sleep. Water and weight numbers log in incorrectly. The sleep takes a long time to register. I did three chats with Fitbit and an email. All suggest making corrections on the app or logging directly into the app. I don’t own a smart phone and had to borrow an iPad to set up the Fitbit.

I having been going online to make corrections.  This very inconvenient. Why wouldn’t Fitbit not suggest I return the watch? It doesn’t work as advertised.

Best Answer
Just my two cents, I have found entering 236 for 8 oz and 296 for 10 oz water from my watch works when syncing to the phone app. Google the ml to oz conversion for your water amount. Not ideal but works until the bug is fixed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what is happening to me too! Changes the amount I log ... on average I have only drank 6 oz per day according to Fitbit. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

At the top of this thread it shows this issue as answered but nowhere do I see an answer/fix. I am having the same issue.

Best Answer

It is definitely converting oz to ml. I log "17 oz" on my watch and it shows up as 0.56 oz in the app. If I change the app to "ml" it says "17 ml logged." Which is obviously a bug with the watch/app connecting units correctly.

If I log "502.7 oz" (17oz= 502.76ml) on my watch, it now logs as 17oz in my app, which when synced goes to 17 oz on my watch as well. 

Best Answer

I have this issue too. Keep me posted when you have it fixed. 

Best Answer

I am having the same problem. It works when i put it into the phone app but when i put it directly into Versa 2 it does not add the correct amount and just changes to random numbers. 

Best Answer

Any updates?

Best Answer

If you read the continued posts regarding this issue you would see that this issue has not been “answered” to anyone’s satisfaction. I think I can safely say the many of us feel like our concerns are being set aside. There does not se to be any sense of urgency to resolve this issue. Do you have to wait until a larger number of people complain before you fix the problem? Is it not worth the cost until then? Frankly, a response like “Our team is aware of this water logging bug and we will continue to monitor reports. We may not be able to provide an immediate solution, but we'll keep them informed of the impact to you all.” feels like the brush off to me. “Monitor reports” and ”keep them informed” sounds very disconnected from what we are feeling - that we have been sold a product that does not do what it was advertised to do. I am very disappointed with your customer service so far. 

Best Answer

In addition to to syncing the incorrect amount for water I'm finding my versa having problems logging the incorrect amount for weight as well. Wondering if the two issues are related?

Best Answer