Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercises recorded in a different time and not showing data

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Update 4/1/2020: For anyone who is still experiencing this issue, please update your device to version 3.18. Thanks for your patience and reports. 

Fitbit Update: 3/5

I appreciate everyone's feedback and contributions on this thread. I understand where you're coming from about not being able to log your exercises and sleep data correctly in the Fitbit app, and thanks for the steps you've tried while troubleshooting this matter.

This issue should be resolved with the next app update which is currently rolling out and should be available to 100% soon. Please make sure to keep your Fitbit app updated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fitbit Update: 2/28

Hi everyone.

We're aware about the issues with the exercise data and time not being correct after syncing with the Fitbit app. Our team is currently working to identify a resolution as soon as possible to all our members. We're sorry for this inconvenience and we appreciate your patience.

Please subscribe to this thread so you can receive future updates about this matter.

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
465 REPLIES 465

The whole thing has gone upside down.

Turned off Back on

Deleted App Rebooted

Just wont work properly anymore

Best Answer

I e-mailed customer service and they seem to currently be of not much help with fixing it. Lost all my manual entry data for this week, and it was there on Monday.

Best Answer
Yeah, after a lot of back and forth where they kept telling me I was
entering in the data wrong, the customer service person said we know this
is an issue and are working on it. I asked if I could get a case number and
got a “no”.

This is so annoying.
Best Answer

Hi - I am on Eastern time and my fit bit sleep hours and exercises show five hours behind.  It’s inflating steps when I log workouts.  This has been happening since the latest update

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and was able to find a fix, at least it worked for me. The phone app would not allow the future time to be edited. I logged into my Fitbit account on my desktop and it showed 2 walks .. my walk starting at correct time of 9 am w/map and incomplete info. AND also showed a future walk at 2 pm w/no info! I deleted the future non existent walk from the desktop screen and that fixed my actual data when I went back to my phone app. 

Best Answer
I have had this problem since Tuesday, Feb 24th. No data available. Also the sleep time is calculating incorrectly. It lists start and end times correctly but calculates it as one hour less.

Tracy Wright
Best Answer

I am US Central, same problem, all my activities are off by 6 hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem, I thought it was my phone. Let me know if anybody has any fixes for this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

On Monday, I manually entered my exercise bike info as I always do, with the time, length of ride, and miles completed.  A message came up saying that there was missing information.  I left it and went on with my day.  Later that day, I looked at my app, and saw that the ride had registered, but my heart rate was wrong.  This has been going on all week.  I finally determined that the ride is registering 5 hours later than it happened, and that's why the heart rate is not registering.  I deleted my Fitbit app and reinstalled it.  No change.  Not sure what to do about it. 

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

it seems like my issue is with the times on my phone. I just woke up and it calculated my sleep correctly, but it seems to think I went to bed at 7 pm and woke up at 5 am - which is about 5 hours behind! This explains the no data available for my workouts cause my app thinks it is a totally different time.

if anyone knows how to reset the time on the app let me know!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue! I went to the Advanced Settings (under Account) and my time zone shifted to Detroit. Once I switched it back to EST my sleep log went back to normal. Hope this helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My app has the correct time on it, and so does my watch. I went for a run at 7:26 am this morning, but it logged it as a run at 12:26 pm. I checked some previous runs and saw it did this for other runs I tried to log during the day. And there were some runs it didn't log at all. How can this be fixed?

coolceruleanblu_0-1582816659683.png

Best Answer

The time isn’t a problem on my phone... Maybe that’s another issue? I have no idea....

Best Answer

Hey everyone,

so the issue with my logs was definitely a time thing. I tried manually resetting my tome zone through the app, but this did not work. 

I signed out of my account, closed the app, re-signed in and the time had been set back to normal and my exercise/sleep logs are normal again. 

I hope this helps you guys !!

Best Answer
Time isn’t a problem for my phone either. FitBit knows and they are working
on it. I will post back if I hear anything.
Best Answer

did they have any answers???? I haven't had anything back in email yet either after sending them screenshots, etc. Here's hoping....just checked my app this am and as of this morning, my sleep times are showing as midday instead of at night. Good grief this is ridiculous!!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

I also tried what you recommended, but my exercise log time zone is still out of sync.  I reported the issue to Fitbit and they actually gave me a case number.  Hope they can fix it soon.

Best Answer

I don’t believe it gives you the map like it does when you start it from the phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing has happened to me.

my walk just logged it at 4:20pm when it’s actually 12:18pm AND exercise data is missing!!

Best Answer

What was theissing info? 

Best Answer
0 Votes