Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 Display - Dimmer Now??

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Has the screen dimmed after an update or something? It used to be bad, now it's almost useless.

Normal is ok if I cup my hand over it.

Auto works, but is still really dim in bright light.

Dim is non-existent.

It didn't used to be like this. Been horrible for a few weeks.

Best Answer
226 REPLIES 226

Messaged them on twitter and included screenshots of receipt. Went through all the motions of what I'd done to troubleshoot. They then gave me a case ID. Then I went on live chat and got a offer of a new like for like or £100 off a new device. Excellent customer support as it was last time when a similar thing happened to my Versa.

Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried the reset and it is still not bright. Can read time in dimly lit area but can't read smaller info like steps.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just found this forum.  Mine is to dim to read as well.  Out side forget it can't even see the screen.  Very hard to read.  Have rebooted several times and have tried changing the display settings too, nothing is working.  Had my Charge 3 for about a year, very disappointed that it did not last very long considering the cost.  The last time I tried to adjust the display I moved my finger and hit the sleep feature and now it won't display at all.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have accidentally dimmed mine I guess. The way I fix it is to

Sent from my iPadGo to settings on face .
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, how do you fix the brightness in the App?

Best Answer
0 Votes

How in the App do you control brightness?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried to preform a reset to my fitbit charge 3 SE and it did not help the screen is still way too dim. It seems I can see larger numbers pretty well in the house, but any of the small numbers on the screen are barely readable.  Outside the watch is virtually useless as you cannot read the screen at all.  Are these meant to be disposable? Did I miss something. I loved my fitbit and wore it daily, but now it is simply just frustrating. Pease advise. 

KarScan

Best Answer

Same here. Can only see a ghost of the screen. 

Best Answer
Did you go to the watch face? Open and scroll to left until you see settings and you will see brightness . You will tap and see Normal, auto and dim. Mine was on dim when I had the issue . Hope it helps

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Go to watch face. Open and scroll to left until journey see settings. You will see brightness and there is normal auto and dim. I now keep mine on normal. Hope it helps

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried this twice, did not fix my issue.

Best Answer
yes done that several times no help
Best Answer

Tried this but it did not work. What can I do?

Best Answer
Try calling customer support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Call customer support

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine suddenly got dim also. Did the reboot and it didn't help. I can't read it at all outside and barely inside.

This is terrible!!!

Nina

Best Answer

Useless advice.  Did not help at all.  Why are so many Fitbit Charge 3s running into this dimming issue if it wasn’t part of the recent update?  Charge 3 rendered useless.  

Best Answer

Good Evening,

I'm having the same problem. My fitbit randomly started cycling and vibrating on Saturday. I tried holding down the button to reset it but it wouldn't stop.

I plugged it into the charger and after a few minutes it stopped. After taking it off the charger the backlight has went super dim. I've did the reset again and it didn't fix it. 

This is super frustrating as I now read how many people are having the same issue.  Please advise. 

Best Answer
The way I fixed mine was go to watch face and open. Scroll to left until you see settings. In settings you will see Brightness. Mine was on dim . I now keep it on normal. Not auto and not dim. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Outside is tough n sun. But for the dim face go to watch face and scroll to left to settings. You will see brightness. There are 3 settings. Normal, Auto and dim. I keep mine on normal. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes